VIP Events?

AlleyCat`

Hi Guys,

I've had an invite to a skoda VIP event, which claims lots of things about "extra discounts" above and beyond what the dealer normally can offer.

Is this likely to be a true, too good to be missed offering, or is it likely to be a "we need to shift some old stock" thing?

I'm not really in the market to change car for another 6 months or so but if this is something worth looking at i'd try and make time for it.

Sadly i don't have a lot of spare time on the proposed date so i need to know if it is worth jiggling stuff around for or not.

I'd ask the dealer but i suspect i'd get a slightly biased answer.

-

Rich

We had one of those from the dealer we purchased our yeti from.

Does no harm to turn up, get some free drinks and canapés and see what they have to offer.

If you don't think it's a good enough offer then just walk away, they cannot force you to buy anything, otherwise you could alway default on payments claiming you signed under 'duress'  :giggle:

With the invite, you should be encouraged to contact the dealership to claim your VIP ticket, we were, but we were not in the market for a new car as yet, maybe in 2/3 years time.  :yes:

Good luck, and you may fine a GREAT deal when you arrive at the event.  ;)

• Like 1

Does no harm to turn up, get some free drinks and canapés and see what they have to offer.

I think i need to get my eyes tested - i read that as "turn up and get some free drinks and cannabis"

Hi Guys,

I've had an invite to a skoda VIP event, which claims lots of things about "extra discounts" above and beyond what the dealer normally can offer.

Is this likely to be a true, too good to be missed offering, or is it likely to be a "we need to shift some old stock" thing?

I'm not really in the market to change car for another 6 months or so but if this is something worth looking at i'd try and make time for it.

Sadly i don't have a lot of spare time on the proposed date so i need to know if it is worth jiggling stuff around for or not.

I'd ask the dealer but i suspect i'd get a slightly biased answer.

-

Rich

Rich,

Don't waste your time!

I think i need to get my eyes tested - i read that as "turn up and get some free drinks and cannabis"

Well THAT would be an offer worth 'sniffing out'.  :D

These events are generally just a way to get people in and try to part them with thier money.

They are sent out to anyone they have ever sold a car to.

I got an invite to the event at Allams.

It arrived in the post the day after the event finished.

Gives you an idea how important they are.

They should not be marked VIP, unless anyone who ever bought a Skoda is a VIP.

But I guess it makes people feel warm and fuzzy, so they go along.

• 1 year later...

Just picking this up after more than a year because I've just got back from picking up the wife's Fabia after their latest attempt to fix the alarm siren going off.  When we got there, it turned out that today is their VIP event day and we were very chuffed at the chance to meet, among others, Will Smith, Simon Cowell, Brad Pitt, Justin Bieber and Elsa's sister from Frozen.

On the other hand, they might have been cardboard cut-outs and I was probably in no condition to drive.

• Like 1

swmbo's mother gets invited to audi's annual thing every yr since she got her A1. They'll be kinda sad from tomorrow... Father in law traded it in for a 142 mazda3, picking it up tomorrow :) cant wait to take it for a test drive, 2.2 diesel, good spec, showroom demonstrator.

• 4 months later...

Don't waste your time and money by going to these things. All you get is the hard sell and any decent dealership can match these deals at any time. If I buy Skoda again (I have a great Superb DSG Estate), I'm waiting to see the new Superb, Octavia VRS 280bhp 4x4 and the Snowman. Then, and only then will I part with money when I'm good and ready. Any company that badgers me just drives me away from their products and services.