Goodyear Efficient Grip Performance :-)

Barum is owned by Continental to sell economy tyres so they're probably discontinued Continental designs but would have benefited from Continentals RnD.

I'd probably choose somethign like that over a chinese no-name. A bit like Kleber being owned by Michelin.

well I've now had Goodyear Eagle F1s fitted for about a month. what a difference.   Wet and dry grip both so much better than my previous Federals.  Also, the noise, or lack of it!   I still wouldn't call it a quiet car ( my 15 year old Volvo is quieter ), but its so much better . On last tyres there was a constant " thrum"  coming from the wheel arches. It felt as if the air was vibrating in the cabin and was very uncomfortable.  that has now completely gone, and I can now drive the car without the noise being a problem. I'm still amazed that the tyres made such a difference but they have ( MkII DSG petrol estate )

• 2 weeks later...

Re-booted all round including spare with these when the new model came out last year. Very pleased with the grip, efficiency and quietness of the tyre. definitely quieter than my previous Avon ZV's.

Especially pleased with these as the tyre dealership, in Ringwood, selling them, had a disgruntled employee, who was emigrating two weeks later to New Zealand, and gave me an eye watering discount which I could not refuse. One (or should I say 5) excellent tyre/s.

Edited by y Me

Hi.

I've just got rid of a pair on the front of mine. Replaced with dunlop sport blu response reinforced.

The GY PERFORMANCE were great when new especially in the wet but got steadily worse and worse as they wore. They were too washy especially as the weather cools and the roads get damp with understear even at 20mph on roundabouts.

The dunlops are quieter but as yet untested in the wet.

I'm Intrigued by the new Michelin cross climates as they look cool with pattern and have great a/b ratings. Might get them when the rears need changing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

apologies apologies!   I couldn't work out why my current Falcons are so appalling in the wet, when other people are saying they are Ok. That is because they are not Falcons , they are Federals !  592 EVos   

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Federal/595EVO.htm

46% in the wet . rubbish ,

still off to get the Goodyear F1s

My misfortune to be able to beat that with 43% in the wet with the not so mighty Kormoran Gamma B2. Catchy name but allergic to any slighty damp. 

Luckily Costco are doing an offer on Michelins and now have PS3's at £81 a corner fitted after voucher making them cheaper than Tyreleader. I was tempted to try the Uniroyals but stuck with tyres I've had great experiences with.

Just need to off load the parts worns that Include Primewell, Kormoran and a single Continental Sport Contact.  

Should have also said I paid £147 a pair for the blu responses on black circles had them fitted at Ats and had all 4 wheels filled with nitrogen included in that price. Mine are 205/60/ R15 H 95's reinforced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by mroberts

Might be wrong but Blu Response don't come in 225/40/18's and even their 17 inch are much more expensive without fitting and to be honest I've never been a fan of Dunlops which seem to wear too quickly. Costco do free Nitrogen filling too (ATS Supply them) and isn't ATS four wheel alignment another chargable service on top of the fitting. Luckily my mate works as a tyre fitter and does the four wheel alignment on my cars in return for beers.

I always thought the Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3 were a great tyre, had them on my Fabia RS, have the GY Eagle F1 asymmetric ones now and the tyre noise is shocking...saying that i've only got them on the front. Nowhere seems to do the GSD3 ones anymore :(

K:)

• 1 month later...

Just googled these tyres and this thread came up in google.

Car passed it's MOT the other day with an advisory for the rear tyres.

It's currently got Bridgestone Turanzas on. I've been pretty happy with them but the wet grip isn't amazing and after looking them up the noise and fuel ratings aren't great.

Found these Goodyears on Blackcircles so going to get them ordered especially after the comments here.

I can get them fitted for £55 a corner on my car.

Phil

Maxxis are good for MTB, on cars they are rubbish ;-)

If you want decent budget tyre, go for Yokohama or other Asian tyres. European tyres are expensive rubbish with exception of German Continental.

My favourite all-in-one tyres are ContiWinterContact TS800 or TS850. They last about 8000km of hard core use. They are great in wet or off-road.

With age of my new rims, I went for Yokohama C.Drive 2. The second generation of my favourite tires for Subaru.

C.Drive is similar to ContiWinterContact in wet but they have much deeper thread and stiff walls. Bye bye worn tires from both sides :-D

Of course it is all down to suspension and fell of angle slip of tires. I see many people with worn arm bushes and dampers, complaining about how horrible tires they have and how they need wider tires ;-) It is so called tuner's syndrome.

Since I invested in Rally Experience at Knockhill and hours of karting, I don't bother about tires anymore because it is all about the control unit between seat and controls. I GURANTEE HIGH RETURN OF INVESTMENT !!!

I had Maxxis on my VRS and though they were decent for the money. But very noisy.

Just got new rears for the Accord and went for GY EG again.