Monte Carlo Alarm problem!

Our Monte is now 4weeks old and spends its nights under a car port.

The alarm has now gone off 3 times, the last one at of.00.35 this morning. Went down well with the neighbours?!

On checking the car, all was well, no one was about, no sign of any cat paw prints on the bonnet.

All our past cars have been kept under the car port with no problem.

Any ideas??

A few people have had problems with little things like this recently. One was about a deady long leg setting the inside sensor off causing the alarm to go mental. It could be down to your sensitivity of the alarm in your car settings, you would need to get it dropped.

Is there the button inside the door so you can switch the alarm off until you get it sorted?

(Button for switching off the 'Interior monitoring and Towing protection monitoring'. when transported by trains, ships etc.

& also for when children, adults, animals and spiders are being locked into the car.)

george

Hi all thanks for the replies.  :blush:

LGM, as I was reading your reply when the alarm went off again, so it will be going back on Monday.  :wall:

SK4GW, I tried this at 3.00am this morning, this worked until about 5 mins ago.

The Plumber, Yes it will be going back on Monday.

Thanks for replying.  :sun:

Edited by TeamLotus
  • Like 1

there's a section in the book - you can plip the remote fast twice on locking OR press the button on the B-pillar (I think - it might be at the bottom of the driver's door) - it is a button with a picture of a door on it.  Press that and the car lock without arming the sensors.  If that didn't work, maybe there is a proper fault with it - just randomly going off, not even being triggered.

Mine has only gone off twice in a year without apparent reason.

Hi PDIBK, thanks for the reply.

I have tried pressing the button in the driver’s door, but the alarm still went off.  :wall:

The duck tape over the sensors has worked.  My wife took the car to the dealers today and they are going to replace all the sensors. :rofl: