F1 2014 - Driver Line Up Thread

Coops

Rather than clutter up the 2013 race thread, I thought I'd open a new thread dedicated to the driver line ups for the 2014 season, Here's what the situation is team by team:

Red Bull:

Vettel - contracted for 2014

Riccardo - contracted for 2014.

Ferrari:

Alonso - contracted for 2014

Raikkonen - contracted for 2014

Torro Rosso:

Daniil Kvyat - contracted for 2014

Vergne - contracted for 2014 

Mercedes:

Hamilton - contracted for 2014

Rosberg - contracted for 2014

Williams:

Massa - contracted for 2014

Bottas - contracted 2014

McLaren:

Button - contracted for 2014

Kevin Magnussen - contracted for 2014

Lotus:

Maldonado - contracted for 2014

Grosjean - contracted for 2014

Force India:

Nico Hulkenberg - contracted for 2014

Sergio Perez - contracted for 2014

Sauber:

Adrain Sutil - contracted for 2014

Gutierrez - contracted for 2014

Marussia:

Chilton - contracted for 2014

Bianchi - contracted for 2014

Caterham:

Kobayashi -contracted for 2014

Ericsson - contracted for 2014

Confirmed as no seat:

Di Resta - likely to go to DTM for Merc

Pic

Van Der Garde

I think Bottas deserves a decent car under him, if Will.I.ams sort their **** out I think he could consistently beat crashdanrdo for sure. I also suspect with so many changes next year to the cars, many teams will stick with "safe" options, Massa, Kovalainen would be a safe pair of hands for Caterham (although I think he is also deserving of a better car). Bianchi is a decent driver, possibly get the FI place, daddies money Chilton will probably flash the cash and stay. Sauberski? Who knows, I suspect Hulkenberg will line up a move, good or bad he is better off in any car than one that is going to struggle for money and development. 

It appears that a Kimi - Ferrari deal for next season has been done - although great move for Kimi, can't see Alonso liking it too much!

Straight from the horse whisperers mouth?

It makes total sense, he's been at Ferrari before and he knows the score as regards to team orders, so di Montezemolo will know what he's getting... any other driver would present a huge risk of potential hissy fits requiring threats of the sack when it comes time to the "support Fernando" order.

It makes total sense, he's been at Ferrari before and he knows the score as regards to team orders, so di Montezemolo will know what he's getting... any other driver would present a huge risk of potential hissy fits requiring threats of the sack when it comes time to the "support Fernando" order.

What and you think Kimi is going there under the intension of playing second fiddle supporting role to Alonso? You must be kidding Kimi follows one set of rules his own.

• Like 1

What and you think Kimi is going there under the intension of playing second fiddle supporting role to Alonso? You must be kidding Kimi follows one set of rules his own.

Kimi's been there and knows what that team is like, he got the #1 status in 2007, and in 2008 he pretty much played second fiddle to Massa. Ferrari won't decide (much to contrary belief) their #1 driver before the season starts (Barichello/Schumacher's era probably an exception), but they do appear to make their mind up who gets the backing earlier in the season than other teams do.

What will be most interesting to see in fact is how Fernando deals with a team mate on equal terms or perhaps even better than him, he had the mother of all hissy fits in 2007 when he realised Lewis wasn't going to move over for him.

What will be most interesting to see in fact is how Fernando deals with a team mate on equal terms or perhaps even better than him, he had the mother of all hissy fits in 2007 when he realised Lewis wasn't going to move over for him.

If Kimi delivers like he can, I firmly predict that said hissy fit will look like a storm in a shot glass.

• Like 1

I'm sure that it is happening, I'd just that the media are so busy telling us that it *has* happened, with announcements "imminent" that I would love to see ferrari drag an announcement out for a few days more

Luca di Montzblah-blah-blah needs to rubber stamp the deal but Ferrari will no doubt keep everyone hanging on. Some press are saying it's a done deal, other's not so sure, 1 year deal with option for 2015 banded around. In truth no one knows except Ferrari and Kimi.

One thing for sure though - if Ferrari can get their engine sorted for 2014 they have a great chance at the title with arguably one of the best driver line ups plus Pat Fry (Technical Director and ex McLaren); James Allison (ex Lotus and Renault); Rory Byrne (Designer - working solely on 2014 car) and a stack load of cash!

Luca di Montzblah-blah-blah needs to rubber stamp the deal but Ferrari will no doubt keep everyone hanging on. Some press are saying it's a done deal, other's not so sure, 1 year deal with option for 2015 banded around. In truth no one knows except Ferrari and Kimi.

One thing for sure though - if Ferrari can get their engine sorted for 2014 they have a great chance at the title with arguably one of the best driver line ups plus Pat Fry (Technical Director and ex McLaren); James Allison (ex Lotus and Renault); Rory Byrne (Designer - working solely on 2014 car) and a stack load of cash!

The problem is Ferrari's Racing ethos through the ages has been if you want to go faster build a bigger engine that burns more fuel. In this new era of fuel efficiency, small power plants they will continue to struggle. Especially seeing as Renault have the edge in small turbo'd engines. I think he would be better sticking put personally.

Kimi will not stand being alonso whipping boy ! There's going to be plenty of eggnog on the walls , alonso is a pain in the ar8e for Ferrari ! He's a whinger kimi will get more out of the prancing horse , looks like its going to be a proper merry go round with most of the drivers being out of contract