Essex meet 6th October

essexocty

A Q?

Since we are going to meet at the Hawk at lunchtime on a Sunday, & (if) we are intending to eat there, should we considering booking a table? 

We popped into the Hawk yesterday evening to make a few enquiries & they would like about 10 days notice for any booking exceeding 4/5 customers.

We'd be OK as a couple if no one else wanted a Sunday Roast 'cos they stated that finding a table for two isn't a problem............

As for meeting there, if we ever do this again I would suggest meeting at the Lodge, a little further down the Woodham Road.

The food is good, but cheaper than the Hawk, & they are used to coping with car clubs, there seems to be a car meet of some sort every week.

Just a thought.......

Cheers, DC.

Fair point,

Despite the fact that I arranged to last one I couldn't actually go in the end but booked table etc without issue. Even though only a few turned up!

With regards to parking next to the hawk facing onto the road is a shop unit which is vacant with a big open parking area so was planning to use that

Will bear the lodge in mind though I hadn't even thought of it!

Parking in the shop unit forecourt is a good idea, I didn't realize that it was disused.

We aren't worried if we eat at the Hawk, but if the group wants to lunch then we'd tag along.

As for the Lodge, food wise it's better value, there's usually space to park a bunch of "interesting" cars

& the management seem happy with the idea. They have flyers for the Essex Classic Car Club on the bar!

Any thoughts if we should go for a little drive after meeting up?

Shoeburyness East Beach isn't too far away & a trundle through the back lanes of Hullbridge & Wakering might make a change from joining the plebs on the A127...........

DC & SWMBO

• 2 weeks later...

SWMBO & I should be there too, although not according to the list...........

If Superb is available I'll bring it, otherwise her Octy & my Mondeo  instead.

Do we need to book a separate table for lunch?

DC

SWMBO & I should be there too, although not according to the list...........

If Superb is available I'll bring it, otherwise her Octy & my Mondeo instead.

Do we need to book a separate table for lunch?

DC

No that's fine unless you want to distance yourself from us