Failed ECU

vincent62

Hi

Has anyone had a problem with a failed ECU on a Fabia with 105 TDI CR 105 PS engine.  Mine failed today with a complete loss of power and the Glow Plug and Engine Management warning lights showing.  The engine would run but not with regular rpm.  Called out Skoda Recovery who, to their credit, were very good.  The technician diagnosed the fault as requiring a new ECU.  Being collected tomorrow morning for repair.  I wondered if this is a known fault or I am just unlucky.  Would appreciate a post from any other owners who have had this problem.  Car is a 2012 model with 6500 miles on the clock, so far it hasn't missed a beat so this is a disappointment.   

Thanks in advance.

Regards  

I've had the wiring loom that is connected to the glow plug replaced on this engine and the service warning issue, but Hortons, to their credit have sorted everything with their usual efficiency. this was on the 1.6CR Monte