Its time ...

David 8

I'm thinking upgrade 

Currently running an MSI AMD RADEON HD 6950 PE/OC had it since Oct 2011 

Still cuts it but theres games coming which I'll be buying soon.

Who's the boss these days Nvidia/ATI ??

Don't follow it like I used to, looking to fork about £200 on a new one.

I was just thinking about computers, I remember the days of ISA slots and of having to set port addresses with jumper pins, and selecting an interupt request numbers manually.. I think I'm a bit out of touch with all this plug and pray malarky now, it seems that graphics cards have gotten clever with thier own internal meommory and CPU.

which leads me onto the next thing.. Even donkeys years ago ATI were making the best graphics chipsets, always worked a treat for me.. Anybody remember wolfenstien 3d?.. The original bad boy shoot em up.

• Like 4

I went mid range (6850) the last time but when I was researching ATI still seemed to be the daddy.

Plus it has a programmable GPU so it'll do video encoding as well if that's useful. Or password hash cracking :bandit:

I kept an eye on UKHotdeals and picked up a deal that way. GFX cards come up quite often.

I just bought a new monitor (23" Dell Ultrasharp, which is awesome!) but decided my old 256B Sapphire X550 wasn't going to do it justice! Didn't want massive overkill, so I got a

A what, the suspense is killing me!

• Like 3

Didn't AMD buy out ATI in the last couple of year......so if they were good they must be even better now....

Correct. Cheaper AMD chips are getting low end ATI tech built in.

I read rumours of Intel going after Nvidia but that was a while back now.