there must be something wrong here

dnlbwls

ok ive had my 1.6 coming up to 3 weeks

so far very pleased with it

now after reviewing it and on every ones opinions

i have found there must be something wrong !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! why ? , because .............................

it's quite nippy

i don't find it that sluggish in any situation

it doesn't drink petrol

and the engine is quiet

even my missus says so

and drives very well even on roundabouts and corners

absolute nothing to fault even insurance is 35 quid cheaper

was everyone talking about the same car????? lol

I think it's just because the majority of a car forum (such as Briskoda) members, use the forum as a car problems - resolution repository. It happens in almost every car forum no matter the brand name.

So enjoy your new car and don't worry about being perfect. It's normal. :sun:

cheers guys,just when i first asked this was what people said,steer clear !!!

ive found it a dream and still do,pleasant to drive quiet getting 40mpg on main roads is a bonus from 20-28 what i used to get

i know some people come on here for problems only but it should as a general rule be a forum even to say hi for no reason

i have found other forums busier that have less car models

anyway thanks for your input guys i think my minds at rest lol

danny

Its a great all round vehicle, chuffed that its such a surprise package! Love the practicality, handling, torque and economy. I plan to keep this car for a long time; if I look after it the build quality and engine longevity will hopefully ensure this.  A friend bought a 2nd hand Honda CRV petrol, similar age/price, and she is crying all the way to the bank: (10 litres/100km). She laments: 'I wish I had looked at the Roomster" after being introduced to my new purchase. She latched onto a couple of negative points in a review and unfortunately discounted it from her shortlist. I am not the type to say I told you so!

Edited by Vroomster

If you are like me, then you will indeed keep it for a long time!

I used to change cars every two years.... then came the Roomster. 56 registration, when I bought it new. I didn't change it because it was so good, perfectly practical and right in every way. I still get an easy 55mpg out of it (in fact its hard to make it do less than 50mpg.)

The time has just come to change it... but for a Yeti :)

• Like 1

last cpl newish cars i had were suzuki swift 1.3gl and then after turning to mods , i bought the sportts version a 1.6vvt, can't compare this to it as the swift was a rocket with an induction kit in it

but after looking for negative things , all i can find is the  added centre armrest as it is in the way of the handbrake as mentioned elsewhere.

in fact i like the looks it's so different and practical,whether i use it or not it's there lol, doggie loves it his cage fits neatly in the boot.

it's quiet,i mean i had a 2l before it and i don't miss the power one little bit plus getting 38+round town,will see what run i get next wk end when i go doncaster racecourse for a reptile show.

not planning on changing this for a long while..................... then if i do might just get another lol,for an 07 too it has a slightly higher stance than my missus's 12 reg but looks like new apart from the odd stone chip

The Roomster is a great car. A fortnight ago, I travelled from Merseyside to Watford and back in one day; basically three hours driving in each direction. Quick, smooth, comfortable for four adults with the computer reading 56MPG all day both ways. However, I'm glad I stumped up the ridiculous price for the retrofit cruise control before purchasing the 12 plate, 1.6 90BHP SE. I can't understand why Skoda haven't made a better job of marketing this great car.