Greenline II - Spare wheel?

Rab-k

"Tyre repair kit (Spare wheel not available)" says the brochure.

All very well until the tyre wall blow out completely, leaving a gaping hole.

Is there a wheel well as such under the boot floor which would accommodate a temporary spare?

Just has this issue in speccing my new car order. Explanation goes like this:

Skoda (the manufacturer) will not supply a spare wheel on a Greenline as the weight will adversely affect car weight and ultimately co2 emissions. Hence in the brochure it is not a factory fit option. As a further example, the same applies to heated front screens as they are heavier than standard screens.

However, Skoda car retail outlets can, and will, supply either a temp or full size spare wheel kit on request.

• Like 1

Just has this issue in speccing my new car order. Explanation goes like this:

Skoda (the manufacturer) will not supply a spare wheel on a Greenline as the weight will adversely affect car weight and ultimately co2 emissions.

what a idiotic policy and reasoning,  they should add also "carrying passengers are not recommended because it increase the weight and..."

• Like 1

You can buy a full spare wheel kit from the dealer for the Fabia. However it comes with a 195/55 R15 tyre as fitted to the S and SE as standard. However the greenline has 185/60 R15 tyres; eco again.

So you might be better trying to pick up a tool kit and rim (6Jx15 ET43) from ebay and get a 185 tyre fitted, unless your dealer is accommodating and will make a kit up for you for a reasonable price.

TP

what a idiotic policy and reasoning,  they should add also "carrying passengers are not recommended because it increase the weight and..."

Perhaps if you go on a diet for a month before placing an order, they may allow the factory fit option!

If you live and drive in places that would warrant using winter tyres, I recommend buying a full set of winter tyres on steel or alloy rims. That way can carry a winter tyre as a spare in summer and vice versa, That's what I do in my neck of the woods, where winter tyres are a must from October until April.

Let's be honest, having no spare wheel is certainly NOT exclusive to Skoda or even the Vag group and is common practice with many manufacturers these days.

Lightweight cars aid CO2 emissions, as a result many things taken for granted such a fully upholstered interiors, sound proofing and wheel arch liners etc are being sacrificed.

Edited by horkin

yes but they don't do the emission tests with passengers, but they do it with standard equipment (not sure of options)