quick question about package refund

jaxx007

Quickly I paid 290 plus vat (349 with vat) for a service package last October. 4 weeks ago I notified tge dealer it isn't on the system. 10 days ago they said it's sorted but today I ring up and there's still no record of it.

I've had enough and want a refund. Will I get the 349 back or the 290? I want to know cos I'm going shortly to ask for a refund and don't want to be fobbed off if I'm due 349 back.

Ps I bought this package at the same time as purchasing a 18 month old car from them.

Thanks in advance.

From your earlier post on this, I reckon they added it to your invoice w/o VAT (like most invoices) and should have the total VAT added at the end of the invoice.

As such, they should give you a full refund.

BUT

My question would be do you want the service plan, as presumably you went to get it serviced and they said no record?

Have you got your original invoice and a copy of your credit card statement r whatever to show you paid it?

Yes I have the invoice and took it with me to the dealer10 days ago when they susupposedly filled in ny details on 1 link so that I have the plan on my file. Still no sign after 10 days when I called earlier. Only got 8 days on ny maxidot now for the service. I don't want the supplying dealer to service my car cos they have been rubbish on the 2 occasions I've used them.

You did not give pay them VAT, they collect it for the HMRC. so if you do not get a product or item, then when you get that money back, the VAT has to also come back to you.

Can you cancel the Financial Agreement you came to when you bought the Service Package.

They have not refused to honour their part of the deal have they?

EDIT,

the thing you said #3,

about not wanting them to do it, is the same as the Previous thread on this same subject.

It is only a Service, Major or Minor, how far wrong can they go with that.

Ask what they will do and be sure they do it.

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/286859-dodgy-dealer-practice-advice

IIRC, my Dad had a problem with the dealer recognising his warranty/service package, but they just said "no problem" and added it.

It might just need to be you standing there while they input it, either at the original dealer or where you want the service, not leaving until it's done.

Did you get around to consulting with Skoda UK Customer services on how the Dealership were acting on Signing up customers on the Service Package?

As PDIBK says wait untill they sort it out,

get them to input now on the system or get a Headed Paper letter from the Financial Director in the Dealership saying that your Service Package is in place and the other dealer can call him. 'Invoice him' for the Service..

george

I went with a broken mirror switch. They removed it and blanked it off. Had to return again for proper repair. Took it with an oil sensor fault. They deleted the sensor so I couldn't see oil temp on maxidot. Had to return for them to reactivate the sensor. As I said in my previous thread, they're MONKEYS.

Hi jaxx007, it takes 3-5 working days for a refund via card to clear in your account.

The majority of the time it is within the timeframe quoted of 2-3 working days so everything should be sorted by then.

• Like 1