Citroen Saxo VTS

pbirkett

Should be fine, although they may have been trashed really hard - for that kinda dosh though it's not bad :D

I'd expect a few electrical faults to appear but usually nothing a little rewiring/patching cant sort out.

As for comfort - you can drop different seats in them, might be enough :D

Insurance isnt really an issue to be honest, i can afford to insure anything as high as CTR really, but i'm just not sure what i should get that would be a good prospect.

I'd even consider something like a BMW 3-series but it'd have to be a 6 cylinder model i think.

How about an older Civic VTi? I used to have the saloon version before the Octy.Handling wasn't super hot but i bet the Hatch is better,and an absolutely cracking engine (b16a2),great for pootling around town when off the VTEC,but take it to 7/8000 R.P.M (really anything past 5000 brings a smile) and watch most things disapeer into the background.

Ford Fiesta Zetec S

Not really a hot hatch, more a warm hatch, the handling is spot on though and the build quality is far higher than the VTS

Check out the owners club at www.zsoc.com

If you need any more info then PM me. I have one at the moment and will be replacing it was a Fabia vRS at some point....

My dad reckons the VTECs are very pricey to fix and service... but I dunno. I get the impression he will try to put me off anything if it has a bigger engine than a 1.4 :rolleyes:

As for the Zetec S, they are nice enough looking, but i think i'd find them too slow nowadays - i am used to cars in the low 8 secs 0-60 bracket, so i think i'd get bored with it.

also did i mention bullet proof reliability as they are jap.4 yrs of ownership and the only things replaced were one sticky on caliper and a radiator.

As for servicing, thats what high street mechanics are for.

Agree with Beeftech about the rice pudding, but Corrados (especially G60's and VR's)are not cheap to run (at all). Parts aren't particularly cheap either- in fact, some are absolutely extortionate. A Corrado is a car you really have to look after. If you're willing to spend the time and money, do it, because they are fantastic (looks, speed, handling etc). Otherwise, go for a VTI. Nothing will go wrong, and they are bloody quick, considering they're n/a.

Agree with Beeftech about the rice pudding, but Corrados (especially G60's and VR's)are not cheap to run (at all). Parts aren't particularly cheap either- in fact, some are absolutely extortionate. A Corrado is a car you really have to look after. If you're willing to spend the time and money, do it, because they are fantastic (looks, speed, handling etc). Otherwise, go for a VTI. Nothing will go wrong, and they are bloody quick, considering they're n/a.

Hi Andy,

What I meant was everyday mechanical parts being fairly cheap and plentiful, but when you get in Corrado Only parts, I completely agree! I spose a valver is the more budget corrado!

Steve