Recovery software

James I

I have been asked by a mate of mine if I can recover photos from an erased memory card?

He has been abroad at his daughters wedding and his young son has wiped the camera memory card, can anybody recommend software for Mac or PC and at a very reasonable price....

Thanks

I have used a free tool from Lexar - called Lexar Image Rescue 3 which proved to be very good.  Not sure if it can be downloaded anymore, but I kept a copy:

http://mbames.wordpress.com/2012/06/29/image-recovery/

hth

Edited by mbames

I use Recuva

It's free, easy to use and can be used to retrieve any files, which is handy if shooting raw images with your camera, as some image retrieval packages won't recognise the files. It cn take a while on large cards though, so I'd recommend using a USB 3 card reader if you're pushed for time.

I had a failed hard drive on my PC last yea. Tried a number of the free recovery programmes but none worked. Eventually paid for a programme called Recover My Files and it recovered everything. I have since also used this successfully on a friends PC.

So, depends how much you value the lost files......

I had a failed hard drive on my PC last yea. Tried a number of the free recovery programmes but none worked. Eventually paid for a programme called Recover My Files and it recovered everything. I have since also used this successfully on a friends PC.

So, depends how much you value the lost files......

I've always good results with that program.

Just to update this thread, I used photorec on the Mac, it was a bit crude as it runs in terminal BUT the good news is not only did the photographs of the wedding come back but all other pictures that were taken from when the camera was new, nearly 600 to be precise! The oldest ones being only small file size of 2-6K.

So I can recommend this free software for your photo recovery.

• Like 3