Decent discounts on Citigo?

oxonboxn

Most current buyers are opting for the 0% finance/3 year servicing deal. When I ordered/purchased earlier in the year the finance wasn't free, but servicing was...so I made a cash purchase. I got a £831 discount...or "special allowance" as the invoice calls it. In addition, when the car arrived 11 weeks later, it had the options that I had ordered....but also privacy glass, which I hadn't asked for! The dealer didn't even mention paying for it. (I'm delighted at the mistake, because the privacy glass looks good).

So, my red Elegance 75 GreenTech is about a grand less than it "should be"....however, I DO have three services to pay for. I'm not complaining because the money has to come from somewhere!

I'm wondering if the current buyers with the finance deal are getting any discount as well? Be honest, now!

Incidentally, the car was a new built-to-order from my local dealer - I didn't need to travel the length of the country!

I managed to get a £400 discount on my 5-dr 60PS Elegance. This is with the 0% finance and free 3-yrs servicing.

I also received free mats from a 'local' (20 miles away) dealer.

This was in August for a pre-built car that was at the dockside in Europe.

About £300 seams to be the going discount, all 3 dealers near me gave about the same. On a 75ps elegance with summer, convenience and entertainment pack plus spare wheel on a factory order. Car file say £800 on an elegance is good, but that is a cash purchase.

We paid the lowest deposit and lowest monthly amount possible - we intend to buy the car outright at the end of the deal and wanted to gain as much 'free' money as possible from the transaction.

I think we paid £140 deposit and then £140-ish a month, with a little over £4k to pay at the end.

Something like that - I leave the finances to my wife... 

• Like 1

Related but sorry if this is off topic: is there a set or maximum/minimum deposit on the 0% now? What if your trade in is worth more than the deposit example on the website, especially for pcp? Thanks - Andy.

May be wrong but thought PCP's generally have 30% maximum deposit ? If you're trade in is worth more then I would expect some form of cashback  from the dealer.

• Like 1

Thanks JayceeStar and Feebet for your comments. Still not sure if a trade-in is a good idea re the pcp deal if they do give cashback and re the original question, the What Car aim to pay of £400 discount was before the 0% offer.

Masserator, I ended up having to have a car bought for the show room as I was given a 20 week wait. It was only in the show room for 2 days though and then I had it! So I had no choice on the extras, but its got a spare wheel and spring green metallic paint. I think those are the only two things!

Apart from the difficulty I had in contacting the salesman they weren't too bad. I think the problem is the Manchester dealership is small and is shared with a seat one. Most of the administration staff seem based in the seat part.

When I was there the sales team seemed flat out so I can see why you could never get to speak to them!

Their price was also unbeatable. I still don't know how they did it for that price!

Apart from the difficulty I had in contacting the salesman they weren't too bad. I think the problem is the Manchester dealership is small and is shared with a seat one. Most of the administration staff seem based in the seat part.

When I was there the sales team seemed flat out so I can see why you could never get to speak to them!

Their price was also unbeatable. I still don't know how they did it for that price!

Yeah I dealt with a lad called Dan who has now gone. I tried so many times to call and the phone wasn't picked up!

I agree though.... Top price was the only reason I persevered so much!