purchase of new VRS ?

I would suggest anyone that needs bigger than the Fabia vRS Estate looks at the new Octavia lll vRS, but maybe go for the 220ps Petrol if you want any go. (It is no faster than a Twincharger, other than top speed.)

The diesel is a bit of a plodder, what ever the official figures say.

Best road test them both.

Asking Prices are already low on them used/ Ex Demonstrators and they look like they really will be a depreciation disaster so good to buy used as a keeper.

By the time the 14 Plates come out you should be able to get a used 13 plate one for only a couple of thousand more than a new vRS Fabia Estate.

Probably they will have stopped taking orders on MK2 Fabia vRS estates by the end of 2013.

&

Mk2 Octavia vRS Estates seem to be loosing values quickly now that the MK3 is out,, and bargains are easy to get.

Could be worth buying a MK3 as a keeper in a not too obvious colour, because they are a bit OTT in Race Blue as most Demonstrators are.

Seems to be the thing with the bigger Skodas, you take a real hit with the Bigger, more expensive and supposedly desirable ones that are then plentyful as used cars, and also plenty Demonstrators are available that the Dealers are maybe not getting sold.

In 2 1/2 - 3 years time there will be a real glut of Lease cars that are returned and in Auctions & Car Supermarkets.

They will be fantastic bargain then as a nippy load lugger.

george

Mk 2 vRS Octavia Estates are looking like they could be a pretty good bargain buy.

eg,

A Manual Diesel, 2013/62 plate with under 7,000 miles with an 'Asking price' at a Dealers of £17,000

Another with 10,000 at the same 'Asking Price'

There is a Red 2012/62 Plate  @ 8000 miles with an Asking price of £14,500.

That gets it near to the price of a new Fabia vRS estate with some extras on it if you get one for 16.5 K. 

There will no doubt be more like that around the country, and prices falling as the year ends..

Self censorship applied here.

I may have been "tired and emotional" when posting.

A one year old that has refused to sleep since birth and a couple of shandies makes for irrational forum content.

understood, i have a 2.5 year old and one on the way so know how you feel.

Had my fabia vrs 4 months and done 4500miles thrashed it from day one done 4 track days and its only used 700ml of oil which i think is ok my golf edition 30 used 1.5 liters in a1000miles the only down side has been the lights which i have just upgraded got my car with the eighbach springs which make the car look brill and handles much better only paid £13800 bargan :) lost 9.5 k on leon cupra  in 12 months never again fabia vrs are good value ok i agree with some of you the golf gti and focus st are a little better but they cost a lot more 180bhp for under 14 k very happy

Had my fabia vrs 4 months and done 4500miles thrashed it from day one done 4 track days and its only used 700ml of oil which i think is ok my golf edition 30 used 1.5 liters in a1000miles the only down side has been the lights which i have just upgraded got my car with the eighbach springs which make the car look brill and handles much better only paid £13800 bargan :) lost 9.5 k on leon cupra  in 12 months never again fabia vrs are good value ok i agree with some of you the golf gti and focus st are a little better but they cost a lot more 180bhp for under 14 k very happy

Well said.

We can overlook the lack of puctuation because this sums it all up very well.

This ought to conclude this thread,no more to be said.