Drive recorders?

Has anyone as of yet fitted a drive recorder into a Mk III Octavia yet?

I will be removing my Blackvue from the Fabia when my new Octy arrives. Currently the wires are hidden behind the A pillar panel on the passenger side and wondered if I will be able to do the same with the Octy.

So if anyone has already installed one, I would be grateful for any advice.

Thanks, JT

I've been contemplating having a Roadhawk HD fitted to the vRS when it comes to provide all the necessary information and evidence should an incident occur either with another vehicle or two wheeled lycra lout who has jumped a red light.

I've been thinking of getting something like this in my cars after been done over in a collision by someone who ran a red light. No witnesses (who stopped), no cctv. Ended up being decided as 50:50 which annoyed me no end!

Edited by matt-k918

Has anyone as of yet fitted a drive recorder into a Mk III Octavia yet?

I will be removing my Blackvue from the Fabia when my new Octy arrives. Currently the wires are hidden behind the A pillar panel on the passenger side and wondered if I will be able to do the same with the Octy.

So if anyone has already installed one, I would be grateful for any advice.

Thanks, JT

Me too but I recall elsewhere the mention of airbags in the A pillar being an obstacle to disturbing the trim for fear of affecting the airbags. I'm sure we will get the answer from others.

There's a thread on here already that I started jerry. Ill be moving my blackvue from my current to new vrs and it turns out the fusebox is now on the passenger side of the car. More details on the other thread

I've been thinking of getting something like this in my cars after been done over in a collision by someone who ran a red light. No witnesses (who stopped), no cctv. Ended up being decided as 50:50 which annoyed me no end!

Good idea, I'm driving over 25,000 miles a year now so fitted mine in case of any accidents. Fortunately I haven't had to use any footage as of yet.

Me too but I recall elsewhere the mention of airbags in the A pillar being an obstacle to disturbing the trim for fear of affecting the airbags. I'm sure we will get the answer from others.

That's what I was afraid of, think I may go back to the people who fitted it along with the new head unit I had installed earlier in the year.

There's a thread on here already that I started jerry. Ill be moving my blackvue from my current to new vrs and it turns out the fusebox is now on the passenger side of the car. More details on the other thread

My bad, I should have checked first and now I have searched the original thread out I even remember reading it. Doh!

Anyway, posted the link to your original thread here;

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/286697-dash-camera-fitting-for-mkiii-octavia/?hl=%2Bblackvue

Thanks for taking the time to reply though.

• Like 1