Dan's Fabia vRS (#2)

DanGum

Well, got myself another vrs again. Currently saving money for a house deposit so the thirsty charged type r needed to go! Bought a celica t sport as a run about had that for 2 months then bought a fabia vrs. God ive missed it, the mpg , ride quality is superb. 

This time i wanted a fabia with xenons, managed to find one in black which also has ESP. Body work is in fairly good condition and alloys are in good nick. First thing i did was carry out a full service, good old TPS gave me oil (quantum), filter, air filter and pollen filter. The cambelt was due on the car so a 30 minute trip to see Ross (Techie) and he carried out a cambelt change. Great top quality service as always! 

IMG_0818_zps14312ca8.jpg

The car has done 92k so i am planning a full freshen up of the suspension. I bought new HD Meyle drop links and fitted them (great service from AVS spares)

IMG_0803_zps10e5fc9f.jpg

The car will be lowered on coilovers soon, im very keen to get the Eibach sportlines after reading great reviews about them. Ive bought new top mounts/bearings etc ready 

IMG_0814_zps826f9184.jpg

I then bought some octavia spiders , they are at my mates being refurbed , the tyres i chose for them are the highly recommended rain sport 2's

IMG_0816_zps85e32b05.jpg

Had my mate Simon tint my windows for me (if anyone is local to hereford/worcester/gloucester then i highly recommend this bloke). His company is called Supertints. 

IMG_0822_zpsacec4702.jpg

I then won some genuine skoda front and rear mudflaps off ebay for £5 haha! fitted them yesterday

IMG_0821_zpsd0742302.jpg

Only other thing ive really done is colour code the front grille (black magic spray paint is at halfords) , sanded down, primered , sprayed then lacquered. Holding up well at the moment! Also fitted a cupra splitter which i bought second hand off here :)

Here's a picture of how she's looking at the moment. 

IMG_0820_zps1515369e.jpg

• Like 1

I've heard that before ;):D

Kind of Dan to be honest! I've bought a few bits and pieces but I have been waiting for the sale of our house to go through, get settled in and once the garage has been emptied ready for "proper" use, get back on it.

But with everything from Heart Surgery back in November to buying our house this year, the car has had to take a back seat. And being more honest, I am so embarrased about how I have just left her these last 12 months, I didn't go to the national meet or the Castle Coombe events as I couldn't bring myself to rock up and get involved, which is stupid really but I am a man of principle and I was ashamed so had to punish myself!

You've had a stressful time jay so the car has to take a back seat . Way more important things have been going on. Health is number one! once the garage done then you can hide away and tinker tinker :p

I been approved for a mortgage and know what I can borrow. But gonna hold out untill next year and gives me a little more time to save for furniture and all that malarkey :/

If there is another big meet we will have to go , I've got a skoda now lol

• Like 1

:rofl: Met a few more Briskodians on your side of the bridge so once all is well again will see if we can get something organised as I know Joshh, Bowen and Joe-vrs-tdi plus a few others are interested but nothing has happened, so we'll see.......

Yeah true :) Thankfully Zee has recognised all this and has said it is her #1 priority after this weekends festival to get the garage clear for me :D

Ah awesome stuff and that sounds like a good plan dude. Our neighbours went and bought their house but didn't think about furnishing it and they are hating it right now as they have such little stuff in their house or it's from the 2nd hand shop.... some people hey!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Bit of an update.

Coilovers are on and fitted by Ross, cheers again matey. Bought an EGR Delete kit from the group buy and also a powerflex dogbone mount from the group buy. 

20131127_124328_zpsc4cebdf3.jpg

Plans now are to 

- still waiting for my octy spiders to be finished ( tyres at the ready)

- see how the allard hard pipe group buy comes along

- intercooler, maybe allard or forge. 

- pd150 turbo and custom remap by jabbasport. 

- bodywork

finially, a decent clean lol

20131127_124155_zpsf6fd75fb.jpg

20131127_124217_zps7c537556.jpg