Wipers Octavia I - they don't switch off and have their own behavior

simak

Hello,

I would like to share how can I fixed my Octavia 1.6i (AKL) 1999 wipers issue. The wipers didn't switch off when I expected or just stopped in the middle of the window. When I press the handle to the lower position to start a single cleaning the wipers did it with more than 4-5 movements instead one. 

The issue was a cold solder in the wipers module. The module is very easy accessible with removing the plastic cover which is above the pedals.

Please take a look on the pictures. You have to find the module, open it and see for cold solders. use a regular soldering iron to fix it. I hope this can fix your issue as it fixed mine. Enjoy:

1. You need a torx 20 to remove the cover:

DSC_0686_zpse212f18e.jpg

2. The big brown module is the wipers module:

DSC_0687_zpsea86a3e7.jpg

3. Eject the module and check if the connectors are clean. You can use a contact spray to clean if they are not in a good shape.

DSC_0694_zpsc60e9000.jpg

4. Open the module with a Flathead screwdriver:

DSC_0695_zpsa3db5dbe.jpg

5. I found a cold solder on the position shown in the picture below. Use a regular soldering iron to fix it:

DSC_0696_zpsec43ffb7.jpg

6. This is how the module looks from the other side:

DSC_0697_zps86fe6d65.jpg

After that fix my wipers works normally. You don't need to find and buy another module if you can fix the existing. 

• Like 1