Anyone had extra headlights fitted?

As the headline says, have anyone here fitted extra headlights to your car?

I have read in a couple of reviews on the octavia ( with bixenon) that the lowbeam gives a wide and good light, but the highbeam is very short. The test said that the highbeam had such a short range that it was not possible to measure the width of the beam since that is made at 150m and at this range the beam was not possible to measure...

Reading this test started me to think about getting some extra headlights fitted. I have not recieved the car yet so i have not yet decided on how to do. Hence my question..

I mightbe a bit concerned spoiling the looks of the car by doing this. Or obstructing the front assist radar sensor, or maybe disabling the automatic highbeam assist.

Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

I do have to agree that the main beams are pretty poor on my Mk3 compared to the Mk2 FL with Xenons..

I wonder if the extra bulbs in the front fog lights could be uprated and made to come on with the main beams?  I guess the beam pattern is totally wrong though.

I think fitting extra lights on a car became less popular after about 1982 or so. 

LOL.......That's certainly the case in the UK, but in Scandinavia (where the OP lives) extra high beams are more common and necessary, especially in dark rural roads where large animals like Moose have a habit of running out in front of you!      

• Like 2

LOL.......That's certainly the case in the UK, but in Scandinavia (where the OP lives) extra high beams are more common and necessary, especially in dark rural roads where large animals like Moose have a habit of running out in front of you!

that is totally true booke23. And these mooses are not so very fun to crash into when they jump up from the ditch.

My current MY2012 Superb has ..well.. superb headlights since there is bith the bixenon and normal lights atvthecsame time. My Superb has perfect low and high beam. I am afraid that I will be dissapointed and/or killed byba moose with the new octavia III.

I have a bit of experience of driving in the far north, and a Moose is one animal you definitely would not want to hit......huge beasts......at best you would probably write off your car.....assuming you are still alive to worry about such things.

Hopefully the Bi-Xenons on the Octavia III will be excellent.......maybe you will find they'll be sufficient in real world conditions. 

Edited by booke23

I think fitting extra lights on a car became less popular after about 1982 or so. Take reviews with a pinch of salt, every publication has agendas.

lol

I have found extra lights for older octavias and other Skoda models. For example on page 7 in the following document http://www.skoda.se/SiteCollectionDocuments/Tillbehörsbroschyrer/Kampanjbroschyr.pdf