Volvo C30 Diesel Automatic, Opinions from Experience please.

Ootohere

They look to be an absolute 'Used' bargain,

plenty for sale with not too high mileage, good spec, 2 ltr or 2.4 ltr Automatics.

Powershift or Geartronic.

On paper the performance and economy looks good.

or Acceptably good for the performance.

I know they are 3 doors.

So before i go to try and buy one, what is the down side, or any problems you know of.?

2.0 or 2.4, Powershift. Geartronic. Any info & experience of please.

VED is not an issue.

Probably will go for a Diesel 2.4

Petrol ones or manual ones are not even being considered.

All experiences of and knowledge of gratefully accepted.

thanks.

george

Thanks,

I briefly met someone the other day that is an avid car collector and seemed to know his stuff,

he has many cars to choose from and his daily driver is a C30 Diesel Auto, he said one of his favourites,

He was in a hurry and had to fly, so i never got to ask much more on the subject.

george

I have had my 2009 V50 2.0d from new. Engine is willing but expect mid 40's mpg.Mine is a manual and gear spacing is odd, not good for stop start driving. Build quality is average but at 83000m now there are many rattles which are annoying. More so than on the 10 yr old 1999 180000m Octavia that I got rid of.

Mine was cheap. bought whilst Volvo was in Ford ownership and heavily discounted (£15k New) but I guess the build quality reflects that. 

Volvo now seems to have upped their game, quality and prices since taken over by Geely.

Would I buy another? Probably not.

• Like 1

Dependant on engine code DPF requires renewal at 75000m on the 2l D. Also it may require Eloysis(ADBLU) top up. I was lucky mine July 09 was one of the last 2.0d that did not require this. 

It was only luck thouhg

http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=58

worth a look here:

Edited by loskie
  • Like 1

The 2.0 diesel is basically the 136 2.0 peugeot HDi engine mated to a ford twin clutch powershift box andi think from memory can come with or without DPF but they don't have an addative tank like the manuals so won't clog up the dpf and don't require changing at 75k service.

There not bad boxes but we are seeing a few problems with them now there getting abit of age on them and they can be very costly to fix, personally i've never been a big fan of these boxes.

The 2.4d is the second gen D5 engines as used in the bigger cars and is a volvo lump and is mated to a TF80sc 6 speed box, they are cracking engines and don't cause to many problems, odd egr and swirl arm issues, they also use dpfs but cause very little problems,

The TF80 box is alot better than the older 5 speed boxes that used to be fitted to the first gen D5 engines but it ifs done a few miles it might be an idea to get oil flushed but its dealer only and its 200 quid for oil alone as it takes 14 litres to change oil

• Like 1