Dust inside speedo clock!?

Noticed today whist sitting in the car park that I have bits of dust inside my speedo clock! Being quite OCD not sure what to do? The car is only 16month old, is that something i can raise to be done under warranty or am I just weird to worry about such minor details?

The perspex lens and black surround it cracked on my blackline but i couldn't see it until recently as its right a the top and hidden by the steering wheel. Noticed it while giving the interior a clean. Phoned my dealer and they are replacing it under warrenty thank god as it would have been about 600 quid for a new instrument cluster i think.

• Like 1

Yep, it's not a completely sealed unit so it could happen.

Agreed though, that would annoy me! 

One idea would be something statically charged, running it along the outside of the perspex, to try and at least move the dust out of sight? Just thinking aloud; not sure what I'd actually use....  :wait:

I'm sure another member had the same sorted under warranty

I will have to go down the local dealer and see what they say, I have noticed more in there today.

To my mind it shouldn't be like that, had inferior cars that are considerably older in the past and none suffered from a similar problem!

The cluster comes out and the screen separates, if you get desperate. I replaced the screen on my pre Fl.

I think the screen is integral on the FL which is why they have suggested mine might need a new cluster.

• Like 1

Well..... It is in today! They are going to take the Cluster out, split it, see where it might be coming from and do a report for Skoda...... fingers crossed it will get sorted.

They took the clock out but could not find anything wrong with it so I was left with £98 bill and no warranty claim   :swear: .

They say its clearly shouldn't be like this but as they cant find a physical fault with the cluster its a no go apparently  :swear: .

They did clean the dust out  :)  but left tonnes of lint behind and a fingerprint in the cluster  :wall:  :swear:  :swear: !!!!!!

Rang Skoda Customer Care and put a complaint in, should hear back within 48h so we shall see..............

Left behind from the assembly line, I'm sure! :D

Should have thought of that  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl: