Fabia Vrs Stage 2 Hybrid Turbo for sale!

Dover VRS

lol yes it's WILFEY!!  I already have another car.......£300 Citroen Berlingo hehe......I can't justify it just sitting outside my house so I want someone to have her who can get some decent use out of it as all I tend to do is clean/polish an weekend use!

Hi, my first post on this forum, I joined as I have been toying with the idea of a skoda vrs.

I have a remapped fiat stilo diesel,it still goes ok, I am just a bit bored with it, plus everybody thinks its a bit naff!

So, I want an upgraded car for my commute but I want some fun too.

Other than more frequent oil changes & cam belt changes is there anything else you have to watch out for on this? Is it difficult to MOT without a CAT & EGR?

Also is the cars exhaust much louder than a standard VRS? 

Is it quite easy to raise the car to standard height too?

Finally what is your insurance like on this?

Thanks in advance!

Hi, my first post on this forum, I joined as I have been toying with the idea of a skoda vrs.

I have a remapped fiat stilo diesel,it still goes ok, I am just a bit bored with it, plus everybody thinks its a bit naff!

So, I want an upgraded car for my commute but I want some fun too.

Other than more frequent oil changes & cam belt changes is there anything else you have to watch out for on this? Is it difficult to MOT without a CAT & EGR?

Also is the cars exhaust much louder than a standard VRS? 

Is it quite easy to raise the car to standard height too?

Finally what is your insurance like on this?

Thanks in advance!

Hi there,

Firstly, being a diesel you do not have to worry about the decat for MOT as it passes :-)  I know a lot of top turbo pipes tend to fracture or pop off; this happened to me a few times when I first got her, but I replaced with blue Samco hose and hasn't happened since.  To be honest, the engine is a very good one shared across the VAG range, and is more than capable of doubling it's current mileage (especially with my usage!!) 

The exhaust is extremely discreet; again, being a diesel it doesn't sound anything like a comparable size exhaust on a petrol engine.....the turbo is louder than the exhaust

The car has been lowered for a few years now.  I''m not sure how easy it would be to raise up it to be honest.  The front bumper does sit low, but there is only one set of speed bumps I have found which I struggle with!  Multi-story car parks are cool (have tested that in city centres and Heathrow!)

Insurance wise, I paid £435 this year, with only 3 years no claims (33 years old, parked off road, less than 4000 miles).  

I was a police driver for ten years, mainly T5's, and BMW 525Tds, and this much more fun.  

Luke, the guy who had it before me, bought it for a commute car too (which is where the big jump in miles comes from), but he is also a race engine mechanic so it was looked after before my ownership.  As in the listing, other than the linkage the driver's window works MOST of the time.  I bought a new unit, but this did not solve the problem

This is a very nice car!!

In regards to adjusting the height, it's as simple as undoing the locking screw on the adjuster and then winding the adjuster up. The coilovers will wind up to pretty much standard height.

I have done pretty much the same mods as you and have spent probably the best part of 3 x what you are offering this car for sale at. Absolute bargain!

I'd pay 2k for that in a heart beat!

Just to note it doesn't have a DPF as standard, so wont have had it taken off either ;)

Am I right in assuming it just needs mapping to take into account the new turbo etc? If so your £400 price is off. I believe Jabbasport would do it for £250! So someone is saving a little money there too!

• Like 1

I'd pay 2k for that in a heart beat!

Just to note it doesn't have a DPF as standard, so wont have had it taken off either ;)

Am I right in assuming it just needs mapping to take into account the new turbo etc? If so your £400 price is off. I believe Jabbasport would do it for £250! So someone is saving a little money there too!

£2000 would only get the auction started ;-)  It has already had a custom remap following the turbo/FMIC etc; the remap was not as "wild" as it could be as the guys wanted to make sure everything they had fitted ran smooth.  £250....even better news!  To be honest, IMO it doesn't need a further remap but each to their own 

Hiya, me again, I`m still in two minds about this..just one more question, what is the issue with selecting between 4th & 5th? Is it a bit sticky or you just cant do it?

Blimey the ebay add says there are 101 people watching it, I am surprised nobody has put a bid on yet.

Hiya, me again, I`m still in two minds about this..just one more question, what is the issue with selecting between 4th & 5th? Is it a bit sticky or you just cant do it?

Blimey the ebay add says there are 101 people watching it, I am surprised nobody has put a bid on yet.

4th-5th is ok, but 5th - 4th is a no no.....check on here for gear linkage reset..that is what I have narrowed it down too.  I did think of starting at .99p with  reserve and getting loads of bids, but the way I have listed it will lean towards bids in the last few hours;  I've had a couple of guys view, and a couple more over the weekend but I doubt any will bid until the last hour!!  Whatever :-)  Worth every penny of whatever it goes for, and if it doesn't I shall sell the plate and the stereo and list it again in six months.  Shame, as the gear issue has never bothered me, and that aside this is one hell of a car!

Yes the fuel consumption is just amazing considering the performance.  Have thought about keeping her, as I only do around 3000 miles a year so would last me for as long as I wanted her but at the mo the money is more important as I am looking to move and need some pennies in the bank!  

Please don't be offended by this question, but how do you know the gearbox isn't shagged? It looks like a great car and I'm sorely tempted, but that worries me a bit.

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 4

Please don't be offended by this question, but how do you know the gearbox isn't shagged? It looks like a great car and I'm sorely tempted, but that worries me a bit.

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 4

I've had two mechanics look at her and both have said 5th gear is fine. That's all I have to go on

I don't think so.  It would make it easier to sell, but I don't have the money to pay for the labour to be honest.  Hence me selling to put some pennies in the bank.  I'm certain it's not the gearbox as they are good, and 5th gear is there all the way.  Even a used box is only a few hundred quid.  I already have another car so this is just sitting outside my house :-(