"Phantom" fabia II vRS estate

sharkrider

Just waiting on payday :love:

Although they show as £74.20 for me :(

Your old Maxiss look remarkably similar in tread pattern

I may end up putting the federals on the front, and buying 2x maxxis Z1's for the rear, they will have better wet grip, and I could loose a little dry rear grip without issues, and at £68 each for the maxxis, may be the way to go.... keeping an eye on e-bay though there are some 215/40/17 falken track day tyres on there (new) at £90....... but then for £25 extra  may as well match the federals to a set....

Edited by sharkrider
  • Like 1

Thanks! I used this :) http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SPI-VISION-HEAD-LIGHT-TINT-ROAD-LEGAL-VINYL-TINTING-FILM-MOT-PASS-LIKE-FLY-EYE-/200820873899?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item2ec1db5aab spi vision, all road legal :) I need to do them again this summer though, and take the time to take the light clusters out this time, make a better job of it!

Edited by sharkrider

not really part of the project, be he's off to be repaired today :( they had better look after him!

not much clearance :o

jnlb.jpg

a view of the RARB most cars see, but i rarely do!

ba8d.jpg

any my sad replacement car next to ash's cool citygo ....

4xqg.jpg

How come it had to be repaired? Anyone had issues running the 215 tyre

Read a little further back in the thread for answer number one, and for answer two, pop along to the fabia 2 sub forum and do a thread search, lots of info. But not aware of anyone having 215 tyre issues.

How come it had to be repaired? Anyone had issues running the 215 tyre

slate blew off my roof, hit the spoiler and smashed it....

there are no issues running 215/40/17's near enough the same RR ... and the standard tyre on the cupra and GTI...

• 1 month later...

this arrived at Gillywibbles house today... something for me I think.....

IMG_1612.jpg

Time to disconnect my battery, (and check the oil!lol.... not used any in the last 600 miles, thank God!) 

IMG_1613.jpg

hmmmm... seats are coming out of Phantom.......

IMG_1616.jpg

the white diesel vRS seem to be seatless.....

IMG_1621.jpg

seats of different kinds seem to be gathering on the garden!

• Like 1

Just picked up a set of Federal RS-R's today too. Originally I was going to get some Yokohama AD08R's but they did not arrive in time for my track day at Wakefield Park tomorrow. Should still be a big improvement over the Continental Contact 2's.

• Like 1