"Phantom" fabia II vRS estate

sharkrider

Great Photos there Dave...It was really nice to meet you finally...can you please let me know which pads you have on your car and also which brake fluid did you use. I currently have the standard brakes and prefer to keep these atm but would love to make the same upgrade as you did to your car... :sun:  :sun:

Thanks a lot...! Matty

• Like 1

I forgot to ask how the pads were Dave, this is the first outing in anger since you have had them in I believe?

Those pads have been around Combe before you took them there lol.     

• Like 1

hey Matty :) just yellowstuff pads by EBC, same discs, same brake fluid, really cheap easy upgrade, and it has made all the difference!

Hi Dave, can you please point me in the right direction and tell me which pads size you ordered as I have the same sized brakes as your car but struggling to find the right ones...

Cheers, Matty

Hi Dave, can you please point me in the right direction and tell me which pads size you ordered as I have the same sized brakes as your car but struggling to find the right ones...

Cheers, Matty

I think there is a thread on here Slotty that  put a picture of the end of the pad box with the part number.

• Like 1

Here is a picture of the Yellow stuff pads box, you can see the part number on the label. I got them originally from Larkspeed for about £70ish and ran them with standard discs.

post-70698-0-72169000-1398624565_thumb.jpg

Here is a picture of the Yellow stuff pads box, you can see the part number on the label. I got them originally from Larkspeed for about £70ish and ran them with standard discs.

a2ft.jpg

Thanks James. Will need to check the pic on my PC as I can't see the part number using my phone.

Matty

Nice to see everyone having a good time on the track. In the video the estate looks like it has a lot more grip out of the corners. I guess we can put that down to the new tyres.

On the other side of the world I was also running my estate on the weekend at a another track day at the SMP south circuit. Compare to my last visit there 6 months ago the cars was much better (no rain was a big help). In the end I dropped my time from a 1:18 on the previous visit to a 1:11 this time around. Which was around the time I was aiming for. The only two differences between the two visits was that I had the Federal RS-R's tyres this time and some new HP front and rear sway bars which I got fitted a few days before. Wow... the sway bars make a huge difference. Compare to my previous track day at Wakefield last month I also swapped back to the Eibach estate rear springs instead of the hatch rears. Although the estate looks much better lower at the rear with the hatch springs. It handles twice as good with the proper estate spring set. As always we live and learn.

Also nice to get your thoughts Dave on the yellow stuff pads. Looks like I might have to give them a go next time out.

IMG_5192-CopySmall_zps504257f8.jpg

Here is a pic from last month at Wakefield with a stock front and no rear sway bar and the soft hatchback springs in the rear.

Edited by mmmRacer
  • Like 2

and I am a year older on the 10th :(

33!!!!

Where did life go.................................

Will just have to hope that I shake some of the cobwebs out at Combe.  Brembo's are going on this Saturday.  Due to various commitments though I am on a limited budget to make any more changes before I get there.  Will definitely be on road tyres, so going to switch my hankooks to the front as I think they have a slightly more suitable tread pattern (not by much), and I dont mind much if I kill them off.

11639c9e.jpg

So Sparkly, we seem to share many things - Birthday, tyres (Ialso have Hankook Ventus V12 Evo) and an obsession with keeping the beast clean!!  :rock:

• Like 1

Nice to see everyone having a good time on the track. In the video the estate looks like it has a lot more grip out of the corners. I guess we can put that down to the new tyres.

On the other side of the world I was also running my estate on the weekend at a another track day at the SMP south circuit. Compare to my last visit there 6 months ago the cars was much better (no rain was a big help). In the end I dropped my time from a 1:18 on the previous visit to a 1:11 this time around. Which was around the time I was aiming for. The only two differences between the two visits was that I had the Federal RS-R's tyres this time and some new HP front and rear sway bars which I got fitted a few days before. Wow... the sway bars make a huge difference. Compare to my previous track day at Wakefield last month I also swapped back to the Eibach estate rear springs instead of the hatch rears. Although the estate looks much better lower at the rear with the hatch springs. It handles twice as good with the proper estate spring set. As always we live and learn.

Also nice to get your thoughts Dave on the yellow stuff pads. Looks like I might have to give them a go next time out.

IMG_5192-CopySmall_zps504257f8.jpg

Here is a pic from last month at Wakefield with a stock front and no rear sway bar and the soft hatchback springs in the rear.

They are worth a try , trust me! no difference in feel at all , even on cold mornings ect , and no fade, no smoking on the track like the standard pads :) unless I get more power, I'm happy with this set up.... we call the "sway" bar the RARB, and I have the H&R item, best bang for buck you can buy in my opinion! when my warrenty runs out , I will go for a front one too ;)

and yes, the tyres add a good ammount of cornering speed, I think half of sparklys problem (the green car) was mismatched tyres.... made it too light on the rear....

interesting to hear about the springs! wondered how it would work out! at least we can thank you for the experiment and warn others! :)

Nice to meet you the other day Dave. Nice to see phantom in the flesh. Thanks for my boot divider thingymagig. Hope to see you at the next one. Hoping all the average speed cameras that litter the m5 and m6 have gone by the next time I use them!

• Like 1