Dragon tuning box problems

Help just got a dragon tuning box, fitted it last night set it to 13, this morning was faster, so halfway through the day changed it to 15 and found it to powerfull (front end felt too loose for my liking) so stepped it back to 14 but after about 50 miles asr light kicked in and i felt the traction control go off then the engine management light came on (no loss of power etc though).

Put it back to 13 and now the asr light keeps kicking in and the management light wont go out.

Dragon said to leave it on 13 and see if the management light sorts itself out by morning.

Anybody else had these sort of problems?

Does the Management light clear when you turn off the ignition and then reappear when you boot it or is it on as soon as you start up?

Nope stays on, well refuelled then it went off briefly then came back on. Stopped at home went back to car hour later to pick up little one and the light was still there when i turned it on.

Do a search for VAG-COM map, there is a list of people in that thread with it.

If you were anywhere near the M27 I could help but I expect you'll use the M5 wouldn't you.

Do a search for VAG-COM map' date=' there is a list of people in that thread with it.

If you were anywhere near the M27 I could help but I expect you'll use the M5 wouldn't you.[/quote']

Yep.

Now a coulpe of questions:-

1) Vag com software how expensive and where do i get it from.

2) Where do you get the connecting cable from for the laptop.

Try switching ign on and off 50 times; this resets engine management light on my Octy 2.

okay will give that a try (and not try to get rsi in the process)

But what about my dargon box throw it back or persevere.

okay will give that a try (and not try to get rsi in the process)

But what about my dargon box throw it back or persevere.

To be honest if it were me I'd like to know what the code was.

Dragon have a very good reputation amoungst VAG drivers, so It may just be down to you getting a bit fruity with the settings.

For VAG-COM you need a lead serial is cheaper but many lappy's don't have serial ports anymore. You can pick a serial lead up on fleabay for around

Nothing wrong with the Dragon Box you have just turned it up past the best setting. At the top setting you will probably get a lot of smoke and lumpy tickover. The engine management has picked up the high overfueling.

On earlier versions turning the ignition off and on would reset the light, later versions require VagCom.

Set the dragon box so you have a smooth idle and good increase in power without excessive smoke.

Cheers

Lee

Nothing wrong with the Dragon Box you have just turned it up past the best setting. At the top setting you will probably get a lot of smoke and lumpy tickover. The engine management has picked up the high overfueling.

On earlier versions turning the ignition off and on would reset the light' date=' later versions require VagCom.

Set the dragon box so you have a smooth idle and good increase in power without excessive smoke.

Cheers

Lee[/quote']

So maybe drop it down to 12. There were puffs of smoke upon acceleration.

In dropping down will it still be as effective?

So maybe drop it down to 12. There were puffs of smoke upon acceleration.

In dropping down will it still be as effective?

Puffs of smoke are OK. Lots of smoke isn't

Smoke is just fuel that is added and has'nt been burnt so turning it down a bit shouldn't affect performance too much.

It's a bit of trial and error.

Cheers

Lee

i have had my dragon digi box set on 16 for a week or so now and no proba at all. every now and again i get the odd puff of smoke buts thats about it. very quick car now!!

Just a thought - does the engine management light come on with the tuning box removed completely? I always thought the standard setting on them was 11, but I have no idea where I got that figure from :rofl:

Chris

Well tried the turn on and off method today and it cleared the light. :)

:mad: BUT then tonight coming back up the M5 came on again with the ASR light.

As an aside has anyone ever noticed how hot the boxes get mine was red hot this evening.

I have it up out of the way by the off side by the suspension housing and bonnet stay.

I am thinking of returning it and asking for replacement in the first instance.

Hi

I sent my first dragon digital box back after 4 months use. It was replaced F.O.C. with no fuss.

However, I think the replacement may be causing problems as well. A little more experimentation needed.

Will keep you posted.

Hi

I sent my first dragon digital box back after 4 months use. It was replaced F.O.C. with no fuss.

However' date=' I think the replacement may be causing problems as well. A little more experimentation needed.

Will keep you posted.[/quote']

Hmmm well tried it on all settings 10 + and they all put the em and asr light on taken it off and the lights have re set done some 50 miles today no lights.

Making a phone call tomorrow and probably dropping a parcel off at the post office!!!

• 3 weeks later...