Scout Passenger Grab Handle

Our Scout has a really annoying squeak that seems to be coming from the passenger grab handle (just above the glove box), or the trim behind it.

Anybody know how to get the damn thing off so we can tell if that's the problem?

Halfrauds do a silicone anti dash squeak spray, might be worth trying that before you resort to rearing it apart

Ta, it's worth a go. Even if it only solves it temporarily, at least it might narrow down the problem.

No grab handle on facelift scou sadly

I'm not sure that's the case- I'm sure I've seen FL Scouts on Autotrader that have it. I just assumed they phased it out for cost reasons towards the end of the FL's production.

A squeak from this corner on the Octavia is very common, are you sure it is the grab handle?

It is normally the removeable panel between the dash and the door.

Not entirely sure... but pushing or pulling on the grab handle seems to stop it temporarily, so I was going to start with that...

Under the panel at the end of the dash are a couple if bolts. One if them holds plastic to plastic (the easiest one to get at).

If you put a fibre washer between the plastic it cured the noise.

I did mine last week and nothing since (OK mines not a Scout and doesn't have a grab handle but it is common on a lot of Octavias).

I've got 19 washers left now....