manox

Hi I have Skoda octavia SDI year 2003 receantly I've got new key for it because I lost my original one. The new key works and it's fine. Then I have fount my oroginal key which still can open the car but It won't start it. I was looking on methot with 2 key and from door but because I don't have remote locking on this car that can't work.

Is there any other suggestion how to get it work ???

Sounds like the immobiliser chip on the new key is a different code to the original one. Did the a garage supply the key? They may have reprogrammed the car for the new key's immobiliser code which is built into the key body.

I am guessing that you don't have the key tab which is supplied with new cars and gives the dealer the code for ordering the correct replacement key.

Getting a new key cut from a blank will only allow the door to be opened etc but not to start the engine.

right! this will clear things up

Firstly the sync method is purely for the remote locking & has nothing to do with the immob or starting the car

Secondly, when you lost your original key it was deleted from the immob when your new key was programmed. When people get a spare key done the the original key has to be programmed again with the new key, any not not done get deleted. You can't just add a new key like you can with other makes such as Ford etc.

Thirdly, even if you have the key tab & you order a key from the dealers it doesn't come pre-programmed to the car. They order the key to details stored with chassis number etc. The blade comes pre-cut but they still have to program the key into the car so it recognises it. The immob chip in the new key is blank until it's programmed regardless of where you get it from

Craig

also if you want your original key programming back in so you have 2 fully working keys i can probably help out. I have various bits of VAG equipment for reading a cars SKC(pin code) & programming keys in

I travel all over the country with work so will possibly be near you at some point