Post your facelift Yeti picture

Nick P

Sadly not. Well not easily / cleanly. On PQ35 cars like the Yeti it involves a hardware hack along the lines of http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/209641-auto-folding-door-mirrors/page-2#entry3087968.

On MQB cars like Mk7 Golf / Mk3 Octavia, I believe you can just select this as an option in the MDI menus.

Thanks for the quick response Nick and sorry for not finding the earlier post - I thought I had done a fairly thorough search. Also, that linked post confirmed my fears that mirror heating is not linked to rear window heating.

Cheers

I'm not attempting to compete with Bossfox at all. I have read his thread and have a lot of respect for what he is doing. But mine is already 170hp - soon being upgraded to around 210hp. Has the vrs look with the black roof & wheels.

Also has a paddleshift vrs wheel waiting to go on - hopefully next week when the switches arrive from skodadop.

This is the last word in going to say on the matter as it all got a bit silly last time this was discussed.

Lets hope your insurance company and the Skoda warranty department do not read these threads!

Lets hope your insurance company and the Skoda warranty department do not read these threads!

My insurance company have already quoted me for the mods. TBH I'm not entirely sure I'm going to do the remap anyway - the standard power is at the moment putting enough of a smile on my face.

I am also well aware of the implications for warranty.

I will update to say though that the paddleshift upgrade is complete - and was well worth the effort!

Not only is the perforated leather steering wheel an absolute joy to use, having gear-change just a finger tip away makes control of the drivetrain fair more tactile on a spirited drive....

33cqkuh.jpg

nzp1sm.jpg

Edited by 137699

Mud flaps made bigger smiley4.gif with looking and planning took me three hours. 

20140405_153304.jpg

20140405_153333.jpg

20140405_153344.jpg

Let me know if anyone would like a guide of how I did them, and I will post it up took a few photos of the process. Mud flaps are from ebay £23.98.

• Like 1

Good idea!

Yes please for the guide.

Will do, going out soon (curry and beer at my favorite indian) so will get it done tomorrow. 

wakev

You've made a good job of the flaps ,I'm tempted to do the same but a bit concerned about ground clearance with some of the holes in the roads locally.

I realize its early yet but be interested to know if yours have stopped any of the dirt and crap kicking up that the original Skoda ones don't seem to prevent .

What sort of gap have you got between road and flap bottom ?

One tip to people, if you put "rally mud flaps" into Google you will get some very similar products without the silver bits at the bottom, at less than £20.

For example:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mud-Flap-Material-MSA-Spec-4mm-Thick-BLACK-Pair-of-Rally-4x4-Off-Road-Mudflaps-/171133850721

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sparco-Universal-Rally-Style-Mudflap/dp/B00BFWL4HU/ref=sr_1_4?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1396719885&sr=1-4&keywords=rally+mud+flaps

Even Demon Tweeks do them!

• Like 1

wakev

You've made a good job of the flaps ,I'm tempted to do the same but a bit concerned about ground clearance with some of the holes in the roads locally.

I realize its early yet but be interested to know if yours have stopped any of the dirt and crap kicking up that the original Skoda ones don't seem to prevent .

The height of the flaps can be made to suit, when you cut them to fit, but will have a measure up and post it when I do a guide to fitting them, that looked right for the use my Yeti gets but could be lifted higher in about 30 min.  

• Like 1

Mud flaps made bigger smiley4.gif with looking and planning took me three hours. 

Let me know if anyone would like a guide of how I did them, and I will post it up took a few photos of the process. Mud flaps are from ebay £23.98.

I'd like to see a guide too please :)

Warranty departments definitely do read forums like this; I recall some years ago on SCN (seatcupra . net) that Seat declined an engine replacement on a Leon Cupra R after the owner quite openly discussed the forums the antics that led to the engine's demise. That was an expensive mistake...

After a drive through the woods to the shoot this morning they work well smiley4.gif.

20140406_094143.jpg

20140406_094151.jpg
  • Like 1

wakev

Guide now posted here http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/311368-longer-mud-flaps/ ,   the hight of my new flaps from the ground is, 5in at the front 6.5 in at the rear.

• Like 1

Thanks Kevin much appreciated, its deceiving the clearance in the pictures looks much smaller than the actual measurements which are quite generous. :rock:

Also thanks Graham for the link. :rock:

I intend to order necessary flaps and do job before my Irish fishing trip which usually ends up with dirt and cow sh**  everywhere :devil:      

Thanks Kevin much appreciated, its deceiving the clearance in the pictures looks much smaller than the actual measurements which are quite generous. :rock:

Also thanks Graham for the link. :rock:

I intend to order necessary flaps and do job before my Irish fishing trip which usually ends up with dirt and cow sh**  everywhere :devil:      

And the cow sh** is a right pain in the ar** to wash off   :whew:  :giggle:

Discovered a difference in the FL to the previous model (classic). On my car (SE) there is a holder under the drivers seat for a hi-vis vest! :happy:

Fred

• 2 weeks later...