Gone Black

Took the plunge and sprayed them black to match my blacklines neptunes (needs a wash and not the best picture)

gallery_10577_648_222977.jpg

Not sure if i like them or not, do they suit red? Might be just because im so used to seeing them in silver.

• Like 1

Im not sure what these VRS alloys are called came with the car they are only 17" with big fat tyres. I might spray them white and see what they look like I need to give it a week at least first see if I get used to the black but at the minute im with you lot they don't look right with the Red. They seam to suit my blackline more though so perhaps race blue is a better marriage. If they haven't grown on me next week ill do them Red and White but I have a feeling its going to look a bit 'Tommi makinen'

for those of you old enough to remember him. Maybe Lime green for a real mash up :giggle:  :bandit: .

Haha, there's black 59 plate Astra coupe running around Whitby with lime green wheels, and it looks HORRENDOUS!

Mike

It must be catching, there's silver 54 plate Astra coupe around Driffield with lime green wheel plus a large wish list in the window.

Sorry but I'm not keen on the wheels, I think it's because they're Neptunes but it maybe because I'd prefer anthracite with a red car.

It must be catching, there's silver 54 plate Astra coupe around Driffield with lime green wheel plus a large wish list in the window.

Sorry but I'm not keen on the wheels, I think it's because they're Neptunes but it maybe because I'd prefer anthracite with a red car.

There not Neptune's I have 18" Neptune's on the blackline not sure what these are called. P.S I was joking about the

Lime green by the way couple of local numpties have some slamed golfs with steelies on looks like they have been

sprayed with a rattle can mint & orange aero Hideous. P.S. I had black paint I don't have anthracite it would have

cost money ;-) I have white paint though.

I like the look. Very nice :)

I have a miniature version :)

seruju9e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk.

That's what's missing - there is no other black on your Octy at the moment so the wheels look out of place. A few black highlights (or are black bits lowlights?) like the Citigo has should give it a "theme".

• Like 2

The main thing was to tidy up the scuff marks on the existing silver wheels i have black and white paint so i went black. Its not ****y water based either its the good stuff designed for marine environments so im hoping it will help protect against the salt on the roads in winter etc. I checked this morning and its an almost exact match shade and gloss level to the ones on the blackline which im happy about. looking out the window this morning at both on the drive and it did look better to see them both together. So its grown on me a little bit. I might still try the white though. Put it this way any colour would have looked better than kerbed scuffed silver with peeling laquer.

The first time I saw it I didn't like it (but then I'm not a great fan of red cars, and I wasn't sure about the black wheels on my Blackline when I ordered it either), however looking at it again the black on red is starting to grow. I can't help but feel that a couple of other discrete bits of black on there would pull the whole look together. Have you thought about getting the rear windows tinted? 

The first time I saw it I didn't like it (but then I'm not a great fan of red cars, and I wasn't sure about the black wheels on my Blackline when I ordered it either), however looking at it again the black on red is starting to grow. I can't help but feel that a couple of other discrete bits of black on there would pull the whole look together. Have you thought about getting the rear windows tinted? 

Yes it is quite a shock initially especially when i have been looking at silver wheels since 2006 it looks to me every time i see it like someone has nicked the wheels and its up on bricks lol, But its growing on me now. The wife positively hates it which is a plus for me so tempted to keep it now :rock: . Its not a very flattering picture ill clean it put some Tyre slick on the new avons and take a pic sat next to the blackline it will perhaps look a bit better then. I'm not one for stickers or black windows etc. This really was more of a maintenance mod than a styling thing. However it does make it look a bit more aggressive and mean. Not sure why.

Black wheels ...oh yeah :rofl: . Dark grey Neptunes ( although look great ) has been done to death.  Also means that if you go for the rest of the default go faster sytling bits ....front spliiter and rear lower diffuser ......no need for colour change. Yeah I got hooked into it way too easy .....oh by the way you already on the slippery slope. :bandit: