Rubbish Parking

Just come out to my car after work and some ****'s reversed into the rear driver's corner cracking the light and denting/scuffing the edge of the boot lid. SWMBO also phoned today to say the washing machine's packed in too.....just hoping these things don't come in threes!

Sent from my XT890 using Tapatalk

Nah it's just a small side street in a residential area. The dent's two parallel lines 1 inch apart. Looks like the right level for a small transit type box van. Probably some knob delivering a washing machine!

• Like 2

I hate parking in public car parks, I usually return to my car with a new dent if,scuff on it, so if I do I try and park at an end bay so only one person car park next to me. Bad luck with your superb, hopefully just a new light cluster and t cut should fix everything

my car is in the body shop now, having it's front end repaired after someone reversed into me... all i can say tho, is she came to find me (i was working at the time) and admitted it / offered to pay... she didn't expect the £1400 bill so it went on her insurance...

Al. 

Don't buy the dealer light. I cracked one of mine last month (I put one of my roof bars through it!!).

I nearly bought a dealer one for the same price you quoted but I ended up buying an OE one for £26.99 delivered off eBay (NP Autoparts LTD).

It is perfect and you cannot tell it is not genuine skoda. I am really fussy about things being right and this is a perfect fit and match. It took about 4 minutes to fit.

Definatley worth saving £87!!!

• Like 1

Don't buy the dealer light. I cracked one of mine last month (I put one of my roof bars through it!!).

I nearly bought a dealer one for the same price you quoted but I ended up buying an OE one for £26.99 delivered off eBay (NP Autoparts LTD).

It is perfect and you cannot tell it is not genuine skoda. I am really fussy about things being right and this is a perfect fit and match. It took about 4 minutes to fit.

Definatley worth saving £87!!!

Be careful.

Patent parts are often inferior quality, even though on first impressions they seem as good as OEM.

There are several threads on the Octavia MkII forum of people buying non-genuine light clusters off eBay.

Fine for a year or two but they then discolour very quickly.

You get what you pay for.

Cheers silver, I was grateful of advice about cheaper parts but decided to stump up for the dealer light. Only had the car for 4 months and I'm expecting to keep it for +5 yrs so think an £80 premium's worth paying. Also dealer fitted it for no labour - was getting a new parcel shelf fitted under warranty and they said they'd fit the light at the same time for free. Washed it too. Love Skoda, brilliant aftercare service. Used to be with Ford, now realise how crap they were!

Ill let you know if it fades over time.

I appreciate that most of the time you get what you pay for. However I can assure you that the dealer light cluster is not worth 4.5 times more than the non dealer one.

I had both of them out and compared them thoroughly prior to fitting, i was hoping to find it to be rubbish but was very surprised. It was like spot the difference. I didn't find any differences.

Are there any threads on here about customers getting ripped off by main dealers???

Dealers rarely do favours. Fitting your cluster will have taken 2-4 minutes for the technician, just remember you paid £113 for the light cluster.

Only charged £100, dealer knocked off fitting which admittedly is only £13. Just checked eBay and can't find any mk2 estate lights. Checked NP Autoparts website and they're listed at £38.99 but out of stock.