Replacing Cigarette Lighter

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

3 posts in this topic

Hello all,

Could someone give me instructions on how to fit an aftermarket cigarette lighter in a mk1 fabia  please. The genuine part is a 3 terminal clip on part. However, the aftermarket part is not (picture below).  I've tried to find a genuine part but theyre very scarce and quite expensive for a small part. If you could guide me on thw wiring process too, that'd be great.

Regards,

$(KGrHqF,!l0E65BZvV7SBO8JFNLSKw~~60_12.J

There's at least 2 .fabias been broken in the for sale section, have you tried asking those for an original part, save the hassle?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Piperforall
      Am currently fitting a towbar to my 2013 Fabia hatchback. Can anyone help with details of wiring ?
    • By Shacky13
      Hi all ....just wandering if anyone has had to have the injector wiring loom replaced on their car and if so ....what were the symptoms that led to it needing to be replaced?
    • By Isitme
      Hello,
      I have found that my Octavia 1Z is taking some time to start (Cold or warm).
      When connecting to computer it shows this error code - 012295 -  Camshaft Position Sensor (G40): No Signal
                     P3007 - 000 -   - - Intermittent I have found in forum that if the fault code has intermittent occuring then it could not be sensors fault, but most likely the wiring.   So i tested the wiring that comes from engine and 2 of 3 wires are showing 5V reading on multimeter. The third one must be ground though i find some 40 ohms of resistance where it should be 0 normally.   I am thinking that this leads to short circuit somewhere betweeen connector and ECU?   Has anyone ever experienced such issue or has tested these wires, because i couldnt find correct behavior for these 3 wires, but the third one should be data wire, so there should not be 5V coming from engine?   The testing i did was with ignition on and camshaft position sensor disconnected.   Does anyone know how to test wiring loom from connector to other end? (I suppose ECU, but that might be hard to reach)     *One more symptom that might help is that car is running fine ( but not starting fast) with sensor connected, but sometimes goes into limp mode with engine light. If i disconnect the sensor after that the car runs fine again (no limp mode).    
    • By hippytyre
      Hello,

I'm having issues with my 2005 MK2 Octavia. I have an ABS warning that I've tracked down to corroded ABS wiring. One of the wires is all black and corroded no matter how far i cut it back.
      I'd like to replace the wiring but I have no idea where the wires go after they disappear into the wheel arch, does anyone know? I replaced the hub and the sensor before all of this. Can a new loom section be bought from the dealers?

Here's a picture of one of the wires.

Thanks

Callum

• By Sammie
      Hi folks,
      Unsure whether to post this as model specific or general, but here goes:

I have just bought myself a 57 plate Scout, and very pleased I am with it.

The electric windows all work fine except. . . . .

1.  The r/n/s window goes up when it should go down, and down when it should go up !
      It matters not whether I'm using the switch on the driver's panel, or the switch on the actual door.
      The other windows on the other doors seem to work normally.

I wrongly assumed that it must be a +ve and a -ve the wrong way round near the electric motor so have taken the door card off to see that the connection block appears fine, has not been interfered with and conforms to the wiring diagrams I have downloaded.

2.  The f/n/s window operates fine from the switch on the passenger door, but when operated from the drivers door it will go up but not down.  I've had the driver's door control panel out and again everything looks unmolested and in good condition.

Anyone got any ideas of where to start next?
      Incidentally, this isn't an option that can be changed via programming is it?

Many thanks for reading.
      Sam.