Replacing Cigarette Lighter

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

3 posts in this topic

Hello all,

Could someone give me instructions on how to fit an aftermarket cigarette lighter in a mk1 fabia  please. The genuine part is a 3 terminal clip on part. However, the aftermarket part is not (picture below).  I've tried to find a genuine part but theyre very scarce and quite expensive for a small part. If you could guide me on thw wiring process too, that'd be great.

Regards,

$(KGrHqF,!l0E65BZvV7SBO8JFNLSKw~~60_12.J

There's at least 2 .fabias been broken in the for sale section, have you tried asking those for an original part, save the hassle?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Doug999
      Hi,
      I'm hoping someone can offer me some advice or guidance.

Skoda Fabia MK1, 2007, 1.9 TDi (AXR)

I am trying trace what I think is a wiring fault with the throttle body actuator motor.  Whilst doing a whole load of repairs to the electrics on the car it became apparent that there was a potential ECU fault, however before writing off the ECU I tested the wiring for the various sensors that were recording faults (MAP; MAF; Throttle actuator).  I am getting continuity on all the appropriate wires on the MAP and MAF going to ECU/Earth/Fuse.  However I am getting stuck on the throttle actuator.  The plug has 4 pins (see pics).  Pin 1-(brown wire)-continuity to earth; Pin 2-(blue/black)-continuity to connector block behind battery; Pin 3-(blue/red)-continuity to Pin 81 on ECU plug; Pin 4-(red/lilac)- I am not getting any continuity to any of the red/lilac wires on the ECU plug or to earth so I am assuming a break in the wire.  I have downloaded the wiring documents available on anther thread here at Briskoda but can't seem to find a diagram that relates to the throttle actuator.  Does anyone know where this red/lilac wire should go to?  Don't fancy opening up the full loom if I can avoid it!

Cheers in advance.

• By Superb626
      Would like to fit a Dashcam on the back window of my Superb to avoid cash for crash scams, I understand the only live feed
      is from wiper motor I am however not too happy about taking off the trim as it looks pretty well secured.
      I would like to know has anyone managed to do this ? and if so would appreciate any hints or photos if possible.
    • By greenstripe
      Hi.

I had a problem yesterday - I deal with tills and computers and was at a customer's shop yesterday. I went to install a broadband (ADSL) router on the BT line, but found that plugging a micro filter in to any telephone socket killed the phone line - no dial tone. I'm assuming that there's a problem with the phone wiring - I tried two different micro filters.

It is outside of my remit to touch any of their phone wiring - but is there anything obvious that would cause this? 

Telephone master socket appears to be original BT Master socket from ancient history and has a couple of home made looking extensions attached 

Normal telephones and old school 56k fax modem work fine
    • By Piperforall
      Am currently fitting a towbar to my 2013 Fabia hatchback. Can anyone help with details of wiring ?
    • By Shacky13
      Hi all ....just wandering if anyone has had to have the injector wiring loom replaced on their car and if so ....what were the symptoms that led to it needing to be replaced?