Sign in to follow this  
ev9219

Replacing Cigarette Lighter

Hello all,

Could someone give me instructions on how to fit an aftermarket cigarette lighter in a mk1 fabia  please. The genuine part is a 3 terminal clip on part. However, the aftermarket part is not (picture below).  I've tried to find a genuine part but theyre very scarce and quite expensive for a small part. If you could guide me on thw wiring process too, that'd be great.

Regards,

$(KGrHqF,!l0E65BZvV7SBO8JFNLSKw~~60_12.J

There's at least 2 .fabias been broken in the for sale section, have you tried asking those for an original part, save the hassle?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By LEdgeley
      My wife's just taken delivery of her 67 plate SE Greentech and I'd like to hard wire in a dashcam for her, but the fuse box bears little relation to the diagrams in the manual.

The manual suggests I should have two fuse boxes in the cabin as it has START-STOP  (Main fuse box, START-STOP fuse box) but I can only find the one under the dashboard and it looks like the one in this thread (see attached). Pretty much the only thing it has in common with the manual is that there are three rows of 17 fuses. However they're different sizes, and the spare circuits don't match up with the numbers in the manual (e.g. circuits 7 and 8 should be main beam headlights according to the manual but are free in my fuse box).

Does anyone have an up-to-date diagram for the Citigo fuse box?

• By rephlex
      My MK1 elegance has slowly been developing fauls with the door wiring over the last couple of years and I'm finally getting around to having a go at fixing them. I hope that this is all due to water ingress in a connnector somewhere and I was wondering if anyone might help me trace it..

I replaced the driver door loom a couple of years ago due to water ingress destroying 5 of the pins in the connector, I've just had a look today and connector looks fine, theres a bit of green arond the window motor pins but that was from before.

The main issuse is that the rear NS passanger door no longer locks / unlocks with central locking, door led on dashboard does not light up. The window also has stopped opening too.
      - I've just replaced the door lock with an  ebay special and no change. I had the same problem with the rear FS passager door not unlocking and a new lock fixed it.

The boot lights do not go on when the boot opens and the LED on the dashboard does not light up.

Also last winter the rear wiper would go on if the front wiper was off (and I seem to remember the dashboard LED would go on when the rear wiper was off or maybe the other way around).
      This seemed to have fixed itself but will probabily come back when the weather gets worse..

The last thing is that the relay under the hazard light button can get into a clicking fit usually after cancelling an indicator. Nothing else seems to happen.. My guess is a faulty relay or dirty indicator contacts.

Any help would be much appreciated!

• By HWolfy
      When I bought my fabia 2 weeks ago it already had a tow bar fitted to it. (And yes the bumper has been cut into to fit it) However the bar itself is not wired in, just having one main wire under the boot floor with several wires of different colours coming out of the insulation. Can I simply connect these wires to the corresponding wires in my loom at the back or do I need it programming? If it is judt a straight hook up does anyone know of a diagram or something of that nature that could help me to match the wires? The connector for the trailer is a 7 pin one if that helps.
    • By 1999Felicia
      Hi all, 

I recently got my hands on a T reg Felicia. I am planning on installing a small sub and some more speakers, I love my music. 

My first step is going to be to swap around my stereo to one that has a bluetooth connection. I was thinking of purchasing the Sony DSX-A400BT. 

The Felicia currently has her original stereo and I was wondering what wiring I am going to need to be able to connect the new stereo in, has anyone done this swap or a similar one before / know how to? 

I have absolutely no clue on wiring or anything like that what so ever so any help would be fantastic. 

Cheers. 
    • By 1999Felicia
      Hi all, 

I recently got my hands on a T reg Felicia. I am planning on installing a small sub and some more speakers, I love my music. 

My first step is going to be to swap around my stereo to one that has a bluetooth connection. I was thinking of purchasing the Sony DSX-A400BT. 

The Felicia currently has her original stereo and I was wondering what wiring I am going to need to be able to connect the new stereo in, has anyone done this swap or a similar one before / know how to? 

I have absolutely no clue on wiring or anything like that what so ever so any help would be fantastic. 

Cheers.