Pulling to one side

Woody91

Mine is a definite pull, soon as you let go of the wheel it shoots to the left.

I've explained in another thread that there's a stretch of dual carriageway near to me where the camber falls into the central reservation and not to the left hand edge and if you let go of the wheel, the car still pulls over to the left against the camber.

The Technician agrees that it's not right and is waiting for the go ahead from Skoda to get further work done as he's done two other Montes which have resulted in new tyres being fitted.

I agree that most cars will drift to the left on our roads to follow the camber but this is not a drift, the dealer has said that not all Montes are affected but they're aware of this issue in particular but have to follow the steps that Skoda have set out in order to get it done under warranty.

The Fabia I had a test drive of never pulled to the left like this, if it had I would never have bought one.

I don't buy into the ' it's natural for all cars to do this' scenario as drifting to follow camber and pulling to the left are completely different.

I've been driving since 1986, having driven loads of different makes and types of vehicles and only one other did this.

It was a MK2 Vauxhall Corsa I was given as a courtesy car and after I reported it to the garage, they found it had a bent wishbone.

I know everyone claim to be self taught mechanics and rally drivers but I do know a drift to a pull so I'm with you all the way on this one Woody91.

Woah there Guys, please don't take my post as questioning whether you have an issue or not, that was the last thing I intended.

It was just a note on my experience that might help some people reading this gauge whether there car has a genuine pull or is simply doing something a lot of VAG cars "reportedly" do.

So, apologies if it has been taken as anything else.

Just had an update from the dealer and the technician has been out in my car with a different set of wheels and tyres as per Skoda's instructions and guess what, the pulling has gone.

He's reported this back to Skoda and is just waiting for their response which hopefully will be to fit a new different set of tyres.

Hopefully should have an answer tomorrow and get the car back tomorrow or Wednesday.

Seems it is the the Dunlop tyres that are at fault so just have to wait and see what they recommend fitting.

Glad to see they've nearly sorted your car mate i'm still onto Skoda UK and to tell the truth have got to the point where I don't want the car no more as much as I love it I cant be done with the hassle no more. Even though it probably is just the tyres no one seems to listen or care and constantly back onto the dealers i've been to which I see no point in.

Edited by Woody91

Glad to see they've nearly sorted your car mate i'm still onto Skoda UK and to tell the truth have got to the point where I don't want the car no more as much as I love it I cant be done with the hassle no more. Even though it probably is just the tyres no one seems to listen or care and constantly back onto the dealers i've been to which I see no point in.

Just out if interest, I see you are in Bilston. Which dealer is dealing with this?

Feel the same way Woody, skoda UK rarely get back to me and I am made to feel like I'm a nuisance rather than a valued customer.

I am sending in an official complaint tomorrow as it has now been almost 2 months since I reported the issue and it still is not concluded, to be honest even getting the tyres swopped and hopefully the issue resolved I will still have a bitter taste in my mouth - it all started well with smiles but, as soon as I signed for the car they have no interest in me as a customer.

• Like 1

At the moment none as the two ive been to about the problem both seem to be completely disinterested however Trust Stourbridge were the main one then went to Autosales Burntwood for a 2nd opinion. But as I say no joy so now dealing with Skoda UK who are doing the talking to dealers now.

Feel the same way Woody, skoda UK rarely get back to me and I am made to feel like I'm a nuisance rather than a valued customer.

I am sending in an official complaint tomorrow as it has now been almost 2 months since I reported the issue and it still is not concluded, to be honest even getting the tyres swopped and hopefully the issue resolved I will still have a bitter taste in my mouth - it all started well with smiles but, as soon as I signed for the car they have no interest in me as a customer.

The complaint is in writing I take it? If so who are you putting it into as this may be another thing I can put to them as a last chance before i completely give up. I wouldn't mind if they fixed the car I'd be happier as i love the car and don't think I could get another car close to this for my age if I were to get rid of it. 

Sorry to see that you've had no success and are being messed around.

Up to now I've got nothing but praise for the dealership I'm dealing with, both from a purchase point of view and after sales.

They've rang me everyday since last Wednesday when I took the car in to update me and hopefully will have it sorted by this Wednesday.

They're going to hopefully sort a rattle out that the car has and do some VCDS tweaks as well while it's in.

They mentioned when I first reported the problem that they've already had a couple of Montes in and said then what the likely steps would be regarding Skoda.

I thought I had stumbled across a good dealership to be quite honest as when I took it in for service and reported it the tech agreed with me it wasn't right. So had it all aligned and suddenly all fabias do it and they don't want to know??? Nice to know there are some decent ones still out there though who actually care about customer service/ satisfaction as they seem very few and far between nowadays.

Woody At this stage you might try Rejecting the car to that dealer.

They will have so much hassle they would more than likely fit 4 new tyres just to get out of the hassle..

Try it. Get you original money back and go elsewhere.

Woody At this stage you might try Rejecting the car to that dealer.

They will have so much hassle they would more than likely fit 4 new tyres just to get out of the hassle..

Try it. Get you original money back and go elsewhere.

Thanks very much for the advice I've had the car now about 8 months is it still possible to do this through the dealer I bought it from?

The complaint is in writing I take it? If so who are you putting it into as this may be another thing I can put to them as a last chance before i completely give up. I wouldn't mind if they fixed the car I'd be happier as i love the car and don't think I could get another car close to this for my age if I were to get rid of it.

I'll be sending mine direct to Alasdair Stewart, MD for Skoda UK.

I'm not messing around anymore with 'customer services'. Like you I enjoy the car and had this been resolved in a timely fashion then I would be satisfied however it hasn't and now all the other little foibles experienced in the buying/owning process have returned to grate on me.

Email address below if you wish to use for your communication;

[email protected]

• Like 1

Woody, its a bit off topic, but how did you find Autosales in Burntwood?

I am getting my car from them and just thinking about how they will be should I have any issues. Although, they are not my local dealer.

I cant really comment on personal experience to be fair as I only dealt with them once and from that experience I wasn't best pleased as they were attempting to feed me the same crap that the other dealership did. However we do use them at work for warranty claims and as far as I can make out the manager is pleased with their service.

Also on another note i got in touch with citizens advice today about the fault and among other things have told me they will be passing the info onto trading standards due to it being a safety issue which affects a number of vehicles (I mentioned what i'd found out on the forum) so hopefully they will kick Skoda into gear for everyone having this fault :rofl:  . 

• Like 1

Sorry to see that you've had no success and are being messed around.

Up to now I've got nothing but praise for the dealership I'm dealing with, both from a purchase point of view and after sales.

They've rang me everyday since last Wednesday when I took the car in to update me and hopefully will have it sorted by this Wednesday.

They're going to hopefully sort a rattle out that the car has and do some VCDS tweaks as well while it's in.

They mentioned when I first reported the problem that they've already had a couple of Montes in and said then what the likely steps would be regarding Skoda.

Which dealership have you used if you don't mind me asking?? I've just picked my Monte tonight and it might be handy to know of a  good place to go to If I have the same issue (It came with the Dunlop tyres.) and I my dealer gives me the run around.

Edited by fabrich

Best thing is check the tyre pressures, set to suit your needs, re-set the TPMS, then run the car in letting the tyres wear in a little,

suspension settle and mature with a good number of miles on.

Enjoy the car and do not look for problems, all cars fitted with Dunlop Tyres do not pull wrongly in one direction or another.

If Dunlops are all faulty, then they should be withdrawn, they are not all faulty, and so are still being fitted.

Sometimes fitted wrongly for 'Run Out', but Skoda do not seem to recognise that as being the problem.

george

• Like 1

Just had the service manager on the phone, had the 4 wheel alignment done 3 times as well as 4 brand new Pirelli P Zeros.

Not had a chance to test it yet as I'm away until Sunday so getting my car back on Monday.

They've also done the one press lock/unlock, alarm beep and the cornering fog lights as per all the other VAG group cars.

Hopefully have an update on Monday when I've picked the car up.

Best thing is check the tyre pressures, set to suit your needs, re-set the TPMS, then run the car in letting the tyres wear in a little,

suspension settle and mature with a good number of miles on.

Enjoy the car and do not look for problems, all cars fitted with Dunlop Tyres do not pull wrongly in one direction or another.

If Dunlops are all faulty, then they should be withdrawn, they are not all faulty, and so are still being fitted.

Sometimes fitted wrongly for 'Run Out', but Skoda do not seem to recognise that as being the problem.

george

Will do the above, to be honest I also agree it's probably better not to try and find faults that are not there in a car I've only had two days!!!

Hopefully I wont have any problems to deal but If I do I'll think about them then....

Just picked my Monte up from the dealer complete with 4 brand new Pirelli P Zero Nero tyres fitted.

Fresh balance weights, full valet inside and out and half a tank of fuel.

Car drives straight and true now, no pull with nice neutral steering, it actually feels strange not having to counter steer now as well.

The service manager advised against fitting Dunlops or Contis if I need to replace them at any time and also said to use non directional tyres as advised by Skoda.

Can't fault the service I've received and will gladly be taking it there for any future work, I'm one happy chappy now.

• Like 1