Just ordered a Monte Carlo Black

Mozz

Hi all,

I've just persuaded the mrs to part with our gas guzzling Freelander 2 and order a Fabia Monte Carlo 1.2 105 black.

We were only in the dealership to look at my new Octavia, that I'm picking up tomorrow! (Quietly excited)!

They've said they can get us one from another dealership next week with only delivery miles on!!

Am I right in saying they have the DAB radio? Also what about aux input/iPod connection? Is this standard on this black model? Excuse my ignorance!

No DAB unless they have updated since may. But you get MDI/ipod connection no Aux Jack plug and on the satnav/radio you get sd card reader for mp3

The one in the showroom said on the card advertising it that it has DAB radio. I had a play with the Amusden inside the car and couldn't see the DAB setting on it anywhere. I did ask the dealer but didn't get a great knowledgeable response from them! I will have to give them a shout to confirm it. 

There is an update Amundsen that definitely has DAB, whether it's an option or comes within the spec is another matter.

On the Monte Carlo there is an option to add "'Amundsen' satellite navigation system with DAB radio (inc. maps for Western Europe)" for £625.00.

The Monte Carlo Tech comes with the Amundsen sat nav - but doesn't mention DAB.

Not too bothered about the DAB, but we are about to order one and the ESP is more important to us. 

I have seen two Tech Blacks today. One had ESP and the other didn't!

Seems like a bit of a lottery if you get it or not.

Does Skoda not have an online VIN checker so you can see your car from build? Ford has a website where you can do this and it shows you every single feature on the car, and where it is in the build and delivery process. 

Not too bothered about the DAB, but we are about to order one and the ESP is more important to us.

Does Skoda not have an online VIN checker so you can see your car from build? Ford has a website where you can do this and it shows you every single feature on the car, and where it is in the build and delivery process.

The one they had in the showroom when we were looking had esp!

ESP became standard on the Fabia from MY14 which went into production in WK22/13.

Dealer with old stock pretending it's a Tech :wonder:

We had to pay extra for this safety kit in 2012 which was annoying but at least it's now standard, albeit 6 years late.

TP

• 2 weeks later...

ESP became standard on the Fabia from MY14 which went into production in WK22/13.

Dealer with old stock pretending it's a Tech :wonder:

We had to pay extra for this safety kit in 2012 which was annoying but at least it's now standard, albeit 6 years late.

TP

Just ordered my new Monte estate, race blue which will be ready Jan 6th or so, would that come with esp? 

I picked up a Monte Carlo Tech Black Edition just over a week ago has ESC but the Amundsen doesn't appear to be the DAB version, as superdon has asked; how can you tell when your vehicle was built, is there a sticker or plate or can it be deciphered from the VIN Number?