clutch advice

sav26

hiya guys need my clutch replacing i think as feels like its slipping a bit and get a nice burning smell when i put my foot down after my stage 2 r tech would like to no what options i have as want a clutch thats gonna last and hold the power is it essential to change flywheel aswell ???? any advice is much appreciated

dual mass flywheel (DMF) ensures nice smooth idling and stops vibration intrusion, but is prone to wear is it's job is to absorb energy spikes

SMF does all of the opposite, so it depends whether you want to go comfort or not, since not essential to change the flywheel.

Clutch, well I would check what Torque it is rated at.  that way you know whether your clutch is going to last the life of your car.

Aside of that, I think the kit is keenly priced and nothing stops you from calling them to inform them of your budget and intentions

had a word with them seems like its meant for standard power does anyone have any links to decently priced clutches that can hold 286 pound worth of torque all help is much appreciated

I had a Vr6 G60 conversion, was fine on stage 2. and i hammered it. Everyone can vouch for that

Never had a problem with Comfort on the Single mass either.Not that harsh. only thing is a slight bit of chatter on tick over, dip the clutch goes away. 

i see there are numerous problems posted about that kit but does anyone have a link to a g60 flywheel and vr6 clutch kit that is around 250 max price maybe go slightly higher but the 320 330 darkside and awesome offer are just a bit out of my range

i see there are numerous problems posted about that kit but does anyone have a link to a g60 flywheel and vr6 clutch kit that is around 250 max price maybe go slightly higher but the 320 330 darkside and awesome offer are just a bit out of my range

never seen any problems with that kit in your link,its thier uprated kits that cause the problems.

What about this solid flywheel kit from euro car parts? It's on offer till the end of the month aswell. I'm looking at getting it for my mk1 VRS before I get booked in with rtec for mapping.

http://www.eurocarparts.com/mobile/ecp/c/Skoda_Octavia_1.8_2002/p/car-parts/car-transmission/clutch-and-associated-parts/solid-flywheel-conversion-kit/?633780010&1&df9020a9bc4935a972dd7dc096659fb48f0023d0&000299