Chrisw4266 silver vRS in East Yorks

chrisw4266

Refitted the FK springs today so we'll have to see how long these last. Gutted to find I'll need spacers to go really low as the adjusting platforms rub on the tyre so could only drop the front 5mm more. Have to see how she rides for now kind of wishing I'd gone with springs and shocks at least there'd be less temptation to mess with it lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So far so good with the FK rear springs had all 3 kids in the back no noises so all good. Just need some spacers to drop the front a bit further. Funds a bit tight at the mo so will have to wait a while.

Ambient lighting all done all four door pockets and under dash. Just 3 SMDs per light nice and bright look blue in the pics, but are actually purple/white.

e4ytu2e5.jpg

ury8atyz.jpg

Any way just another twist on the puddle lights.

Edited by chrisw4266
  • Like 2

Cheers mate there's a corrado in this months performance VW that you might like. Only had a quick look in asda today while the missus was shopping but sure it was a time attack type car had wide arches, rear diffuser, canards might be worth a look for some ideas.

I can sympathise bud I've been off for 2 weeks and spent a fortune on the car. Only today I find a set of bbs rs reps in the for sale section. Gutted, 3 weeks ago I'd of had them.

Swapped the FK coilys for apex springs and standard shocks. Ride quality is way better.

Before

esara2y2.jpg

After

4yzuzuna.jpg

Bit low at the arse end but to be expected. Worth the sacrifice for better ride quality.

• Like 1

Looks really well does that mate. Like the look of the ride height with the apex springs on.

Cheers mate the FKs looked cool but this is a better compromise for every day driving.

The front has come down slightly over the last few days so looks almost level. So much happier now.

RARB is the next step. Then new brakes all round.

Purchased an interior today it was too cheap to pass up needs a good clean, but is in good nick. Has electric lumbar adjust and draws under the bases.

zu3e4ase.jpg

Got an S3 wheel today. The wife will kill me if I buy owt else must get all this fitted at some point garage looks like a VAG breakers at the moment.

a2a8unu8.jpg

• Like 1

Well spent all day with a rug doctor........

Old vRS seats now mint and new audi A3 sport seats cleaned an fitted. Only pick I've got so far as I had to take the rug doctor back tonight as I'm at work tomorrow.

a9azuny4.jpg

Will post some more when I get chance. Have noticed these are way more supportive than the old seats feel like recaros. Even managed to wire up the electric lumbar adjust.

So productive day just need an A3 airbag to fit the wheel as the octy one is slightly the wrong shape.

Well spent all day with a rug doctor........Old vRS seats now mint and new audi A3 sport seats cleaned an fitted. Only pick I've got so far as I had to take the rug doctor back tonight as I'm at work tomorrow.a9azuny4.jpgWill post some more when I get chance. Have noticed these are way more supportive than the old seats feel like recaros. Even managed to wire up the electric lumbar adjust.So productive day just need an A3 airbag to fit the wheel as the octy one is slightly the wrong shape.Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You seem like a bit of an expert with suspension etc, don't suppose you fancy fitting my lowering springs?!

Not sure I can bring myself to give AT 216 quid for the pleasure!

• 2 weeks later...

Well been a busy day fitted my towbar and twin electrics been awhile since I've done towbar electrics took all afternoon.

a6e8yjer.jpg

pu9yte7e.jpg

Give it a clean yesterday so couple more pics.

maveqy7y.jpg

evaretyv.jpg

7e2e5a3a.jpg

Just need a caravan now lol.

• 1 month later...

Decided on a trailer tent instead of a caravan as I didn't want to pay for storage. Here's the octy fully loaded up last weekend.

a3ujuqyj.jpg

That was 5 people and full camping gear drove great and got 350 miles to a full tank of vpower mostly motorway but A 69 to Hexham and local roads around the race course where pretty steep, well pleased with the mpg and clutch was fine with the hills and towing. [emoji1]

When funds allow I'll be removing the side rubbing strips, colour coding the bumper strips and painting the wheels green. [emoji6]

Been wanting to do them for ages since I saw bowders how to guide. Just need to buy a caramel wheel to remove the stick afterwards, and some green paint for the wheels.

Thinking a nice bright Kawasaki green.

• Like 1

Well not much going on at the mo time and funds are in short supply.

Changed the fuel filter yesterday which was a easier job than anticipated.