Chrisw4266 silver vRS in East Yorks

chrisw4266

After melting the voice coils on my cheap subs I made a purchase of these Rockford Fosgate 10" punch subs 11ryt6f.jpg

nx12kz.jpg

This is the bad ass amp that melted a pair of MTX subs.

ddm2j8.jpg

and as I'm adding ICE pics here's a couple of the Kenwood HU.

whzalf.jpg

2sabjmp.jpg

Please excuse the phone pics in a bit of a hurry to get the subs in and set up tonight.

All looks good there. That's one thing I can't wait to do to mine, rip the old symphony h/u out and get a double din DVD in place (mainly for kids) and get my subs run back through too.

Now I have some extra boot space be a shame to waist the chance to get some decent sounds in there too.

How is it with the 10's in there, are they enough I'm such a huge boot?

Looks a nice setup I'm there.

The 10's are great and in a small ported box they do sound well without taking over the whole boot.Only thing now is as I've got quality subs the replacement door and deck speakers I bought are a little poor. They're caliber 2 ways run straight off the headunit now looking at components for the front and rear plus a 4 channel amp. Oh the joys I could just keep spending this car.

• Like 1

It is the only problem, once you upgrade one thing the rest can leave you wanting more. As with all things I suppose.

I will probably concentrate on front components leave the rears as are or use my older trusty 2 ways I've had that just keep going and then throw in either a pair of 12's or go back to my 15".

Still undecided at present but really need to sort the h/u out first before deciding on other bits.

Got a very long list that far outweighs my financial situation at present so will have to see what happens first on my one.

Either way buddy, looks like your getting a nice setup on the cards now and with components should sound pretty sweet indeed.

With Xmas round the the corner I might have to back off the spending for a while.

Exactly my problem lol. It will probably be Jan/ feb before the car gets bigger bits bought for it, have to keep myself amused with little bits until then :)

With the bits you've done so far though I'm sure it'll keep you happy for a while as its certainly looking nice and bet it sounds good too even if not quite how you want it?

Edited by Craig85

Sound is pretty good just as the subs are so good sometimes the rest is struggling. Really happy with the HU does everything well and has lots of features. Still got shifter bushes to fit so that will keep me busy for a while. The exhaust still has a slight blow at the centre to downpipe joint so that's another little job.

Ah well at least you have some tinkering to do to keep you going. All the little things help keep you occupied for a while hey.

Problem for me is as starting off from scratch there is so much I want to do and none of it is cheap lol

Speaking of tinkering here's my headlight upgrade:

before

2vbv8qr.jpg

1 new sidelight 1 old sidelight

15ocleg.jpg

1 old headlight 1 new headlight

34h6yiq.jpg

New sidelights 

168ahwi.jpg

New headlights

34gahyt.jpg

Much better down the road, finally driving in the dark isn't as scary  :whew:

Cool. They don't look anything special to look at really do they but the light they give off is certainly impressive.

I've had several cheaper sets of led sidelights before, nothing ever wrong with them and still work and look nice now but the output of yours looks far more that what I've currently got.

May have to change mine now.

I tend to have the front fogs on at night too as I find the light output isn't great with these cars

Yeah I've been doing that too as look like the equivalent of a sidelight really. Not dazzling and doesn't do lots anyway but just gives a little extra.

• 3 weeks later...

Tried all sorts over the last few years, these are the best in terms of light output we'll see how long they last. To be fair for a £5 we'll just have to see.

Answer is not very f@&£ing long died today so gone back to normal bulbs will be off back to halfords for a refund.

Even the eBay Chinese stuff lasted longer, not happy shame as they where really bright and very white.

• 2 weeks later...

ebay seller called fizzmo, 1 year warranty on led sidelights  had mine in 2 years without problems ;)

how have I never seen this car? I work in hull so I would have thought id spot it.

I'll have to look up that seller, you won't see the car that often in Hull spends all week at the missus work then occasionally if I'm off work it may get out and about. There's a VW meet on new years day at the Ketch / Lidl car park in Willerby opposite McDonald's A614 towards Beverley. Trying to get some more info on it as I'm at work till 4 so hope its a evening meet.

"New Years day RollinCrew car meet guys! Time to bring the new year in daylight for a change. 2pm at the Ketch Pub in Willerby, HU10 6DP. Gives plenty of time for people to recover from the night before. If your feeling like you've had too much to drink the night before, please don't drink and drive as RollinCrew DO NOT condone this. See you on Wednesday" 

Just found this on the face book site hope to get down there myself but won't be till later on at work till 4.