Chrisw4266 silver vRS in East Yorks

chrisw4266

The halfords side light bulbs only last a month before 1 starts strobing lol on and off flickering I've had 4 sets on this car and six on my last car they don't last long

The halfords side light bulbs only last a month before 1 starts strobing lol on and off flickering I've had 4 sets on this car and six on my last car they don't last long

I still ain't got round to taking em back may get chance tomorrow. Think I'll just get money back and order some eBay ones.

I tryed to take mine bk they said to contact the manufacturer wouldn't take them bk u can get some off eBay that has the correct resistance or something like that they don't blow

I tryed to take mine bk they said to contact the manufacturer wouldn't take them bk u can get some off eBay that has the correct resistance or something like that they don't blow

Well got a pipe of bits to fit now new silicone breather pipes, Front arm bushes, SAI blanking plate and I've still got the g'shifter bush kit to fit.

Good job I've got some time off in march, and after getting off the phone to R-tech I've been talked into one of there induction kits and a TIP will be ordering those at the end of the month.

Then off down to see them for a remap woo hoo.

Bloody broken spring throws a spanner in the works jh3kus.jpg

So stripped it down and after much f*%$ing about ordered FK AK street coil overs waiting on them for now so cars on axle stands with no front suspension  :think:

2mmiagp.jpg

Any way give me time to fit front and rear wishbone bushes and paint the bottom arms. 

16h22dj.jpg

Still got a pile of bits to fit and it's growing 

24bp0g8.jpg

got a bit more done tonight but rain stopped play FFS, did manage to get other bottom arm bushes done and front coilovers built up and set up, hopefully get em fitted tomorrow night  :whew:

x59ir.jpg

The FK'S  :happy:

2yoa4x1.jpg

1412kb7.jpg

Got the N/S done tonight but couldn't be arsed to finish the other side. Should get it finished tomorrow morning before work, I'm so f%$&ing knackered though and my next day off isn't till Friday next week FFS. Will be worth it when it's done  ;)  

Glad it's all sorted for you bud, be good to see some pics when you get a few hassle free mins lol :)

Well I don't think I'll be getting mine done now, I'm literally getting the issues sorted and selling it on and the full system and other parts will be sold on to just hopefully mean I don't make too much of a loss on it.

Got fed up with it already and just haven't had the real interest in it from the off. Unfortunate as it is a good car and they do the family stuff well but as it turns out the octy just isn't for me as it seems.

Just haven't got the want to carry on with her now.

:(

Still really looking forward to seeing yours now it's "decked" and glad that you got it all done after your issues :devil:

Shame your not gonna continue with the octy, I do know what it's like, sometimes if your hearts not into it time to move on. Had a Subaru Forester turbo-S with a WRX motor had nowt but trouble with it, I had a pile of STI parts ready to fit but the heater matrix went so I traded it in and sold the parts separate. I was gutted but just lost interest. What you thinking of getting next Craig ?

When I get chance I'll post some pics.

Look forward to the pics :)

I really don't know what if replace it with as haven't got anything that's really grabbing me in my price range at present. Really want to keep turbo as the noise and feel has bitten me again but unsure of which route id go with it.

I've seen another octy for sale which looks exactly how mine would've when it was done (tempting me to keep going) but my interest with my one has all but vanished now as it will never be what I really want and with its issues (current time of life) I just can't see me getting on with it now.

It really is a shame with the bits I bought to put on it but at present it won't happen.

If I could find a newer example to buy to then start moddin I probably would but I would now be wondering if my luck with the octavia would follow in the same path.

Just really unsure of what to replace with.

Still sounds like yours is finally going in the direction you wanted it to head, it's good you are pushing on with it :D

As I was having to do it on very limited funds and mine is an older one I just don't want to carry on with it now.

As I say though, look forward to seeing how yours is sitting now ;)

Should be able to post some pics Friday as I'm off and gonna sort the height out properly. It'll be getting a 4 wheel alignment on Friday afternoon and if I've got time a wash and vac it's filthy at the moment. Was hoping to get the silicone hoses and induction kit on but need to get the alignment done ASAP.

Do you not fancy getting yours back on the road and running for a bit see how it goes ?

All sounds good :D yep lie good to see those when done.

No in fairness in that fed up with it now that I wouldn't keep chasing the faults now. It's just a long list of one after another so it won't give me the chance to enjoy it.

It's running now and driving nicely as it was before but as I say I've lost all interest I'm the car.

May get another one at some point down the line as they look awesome when modded but is probably just be jumping from one problem child to another at the mo.

All sounds good :D yep lie good to see those when done.

No in fairness in that fed up with it now that I wouldn't keep chasing the faults now. It's just a long list of one after another so it won't give me the chance to enjoy it.

It's running now and driving nicely as it was before but as I say I've lost all interest I'm the car.

May get another one at some point down the line as they look awesome when modded but is probably just be jumping from one problem child to another at the mo.

Fair play bud if you've lost faith in it then no point keeping it as you'll always be worrying what's gonna happen next.