Portable Pressure Washers for washing cars (no tap needed)

Metty92

I'm sure there are loads of you that are in the same position as me.

I have to lug buckets of water outside to be able to wash my car as I don't have an outside tap.

So now I've decided to look at a portable pressure washer, it plugs into a 12v and gives you a water jet supply.

First one that's been recommended is the mobiwash power washer 25L - around £100 to buy. On a video it looks quite a good constant pressure.

Has anyone had any experience with this portable power washers?

I'm quite detailed in when I wash my car and like it to be spotless, so a good washer is essential without spending the earth on one.

Thanks,

Ollie

Living in a block of flats, and lugging 3 buckets of water down to wash the car is a pain! 

It sounds daft, but I have 2 buckets of fresh water, and one with shampoo, I sections starting from top to bottom and I use a jug to rinse it. Neighbours think I look a bit weird watering the car but it works for now! 

• Like 1

No idea on the 12v ones, but you can run most pressure washers from a bucket of water. I haven't got a tap near the workshop, so I just fill a 5 gallon drum up and drop the pressure washer hose in that.

Do you know if it does a good job of cleaning / rinsing it?

The 12v ones have a unit inside it which you fill up