New VRS Hatchback

I was going to get the Amundsen and Kessy. Didn't like the standard seats at all, I thought the seats in my FL mk2 were much better. So since I was on a budget went for the leather instead...much nicer.

And no I didn't hit the garage doors, there's a dip on the driveway which the back wheels fall into which leaves 6 inch to the doors! (Plus SWMBO was there to make sure).

All in all much smoother, much quieter (having gone from a diesel VRS).

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Picked up new car yesterday. Rally Green VRS Hatchback. Options leather seats, HEATED windscreen (yes it's on), heated washers, heated seats, black pack and colour maxi dot.

Here it is ........

IMG_0243_zps06d906e1.jpg

IMG_0244_zpsa1db5b34.jpg

IMG_0252_zpsa6c371d2.jpg

IMG_0248_zps7b43b7c7.jpg

Mate, that looks superb! I'm tempted! Torn between green, blue and red. Yours is pulling away in my eyes, enjoy! 

And no I didn't hit the garage doors, there's a dip on the driveway which the back wheels fall into which leaves 6 inch to the doors! 

Is that the same length as you tell the missus lol ?? Photo makes it look closer than 6" 

Cas Lad - just to be clear, I'm not stalking you on here/Instagram.  I've bought a green vRS TDi so I spend some time staring at yours.  More pics up please!!

Does the standard vRS come with electric seats and Octavia door sills?  Worried I may need to add yet more options!

Sorry, just felt like I had to clear that up....  :whew:

Edited by fiisch
  • Like 1

Does the standard vRS come with electric seats and Octavia door sills?  Worried I may need to add yet more options!

Door stills are standard but there's no electric seat option for the vRS.

The green DOES look really nice but I can't get my mind away from trying to sell it 5 years down the line.........green isn't a particularly popular colour.

(HINT: count the green cars you see on your next commute).

Double hint: count how many people have ordered green mkiii's and how many bought green mkii's! You might be surprised

Isn't green supposed to be the unluckiest colour on the road or something ?

I think it's something to do with green being relaxing to the eye so your more likely to get missed out on the road, and obviously then hit. Something like that anyway.

I think it's something to do with green being relaxing to the eye so your more likely to get missed out on the road, and obviously then hit. Something like that anyway.

It probably doesn't apply to *this* green. :-)

P

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

Double hint: count how many people have ordered green mkiii's and how many bought green mkii's! You might be surprised

Triple hint: The less identi-kit cars to the one you drive on the roads, the better!

My last two cars have been a Renault Twingo and Alfa MiTo - I love being a rare sight on the road.  With a mass-produced car like the Octavia, you need something to make it stand out.....

Who cares about resale value?  If the car is that good, you may never want to sell!!

Edited by fiisch

Who cares about resale value?  If the car is that good, you may never want to sell!!

Not exactly the first thing I think about either when buying a new car for myself! Just drive and enjoy :)