Solmans VRS - Project dirty derv

Solman

Well I thought I'd get myself a project thread on the go...

Bought this clean example from hutchysrs50. His build thread http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/281182-hutchysrs50-red-mk1-fabia-vrs/

Hope you don't mind me posting the link to your build there mate.

If I'm honest I'm very happy with the way the car is now, it's been very well looked after so I'm not looking to do a huge amount of mod's just some subtle ones along the way and maybe a hybrid turbo next year  :angel:

Anyway on with some pictures (Worth mentioning now, I have the picture taking skills of a sloth  :giggle: )

Car on the way home

VRS01.png

First thing to sort out was the leaky door seals, did some reading up about this, seems very common and if I'm honest a pretty easy fix if you've ever taken a door card off before :) 

Leaking like this on both sides

IMG_2728.jpg

Coming apart...

IMG_2729.jpg

Sealant on

IMG_2733.jpg

Other door done...

IMG_2734.jpg

All back together

IMG_2736.jpg

IMG_2735.jpg

So I was happy with the condition of the paint but there were a few scratches here and there that I wanted buffed out and the spoiler was pretty faded so decided to mop the car yesterday...

Car before I started 

IMG_2743.jpg

IMG_2742.jpg

Car mopped - no polish 

IMG_2746.jpg

IMG_2748.jpg

Was very overcast so you cant see the shine on the bonnet :(

IMG_2749.jpg

Spent a good few hours detailing the car :) 

Mopped and polished 

IMG_2750.jpg

IMG_2757.jpg

IMG_2755.jpg

IMG_2753.jpg

IMG_2767.jpg

IMG_2764.jpg

So all in all, very happy with how the cars come out :), has a nice winter coat on now, hopefully be a bit easier to keep clean  :giggle:

So I think the car needs HID's, not happy with the yellow look if I'm honest, can anyone recommend me what kit to get? :)

IMG_2770.jpg

So, that's probably going to be the biggest update for a little while, I've got some plans in my head though...  

Going to paint the chrome part of the grill black and have a new badge ready to go on :)

HID kit

Tint front and rear lights (only the clear section of rear lights)

Going to spray the air vent surrounds inside the car 

stainless exhaust system, don't know whether or not to go for 2" or 2.5"?

Also debating whether or not to vinyl the roof black... Opinions? 

More to come :devil:  thanks for reading 

When you say 'mopped and polished', I take it you mean machine polished and waxed?

Looks very nice, and excuse my slight tongue-in-cheek humour!!!!!!

Looking spot on. All these tidy red ones I keep looking at make me wish I'd hung on for a red one but mine came up at the right money with good history so shouldn't really complain. I think a black roof would suit it