Octavia 1.9TDi - Can I decat without MOT fail?

whitep

Guys,

Im gradually doing performance mods to my 110 TDi Octavia, I think my exhaust is blowing, ad its about the right time for my cat to be replaced. Question... do I and can I get away with a decat? Its a 2004, does it need to be there? Does anyone do a fake cat pipe?

• 9 months later...

Don't need a cat on a diesel for emissions I had a 150 bhp seat leon with a full miltek non resonated exhaust on and that passed no problems at all

Unless that new law has came in to affect and what ever your car came out of the factory with has to be on when it comes to an mot

^so what about cars that roll coal ? Or cars that activate the DPF cycle whilst at the MOT station which is unlikely, but possible.

Er, a 2004 car doesn't have a DPF. 

And I'm not aware of steam cars that require MOTs.

...Er, a 2004 car doesn't have a DPF...

It could have, but it is very unlikely as it was an expensive option. Some taxis in Europe had them fitted. It was even an option for my 99 AHF Octavia. I've seen exactly ONE in the UK.

Er, a 2004 car doesn't have a DPF.

And I'm not aware of steam cars that require MOTs.

I think he means the diesel that chuck out loads of black smoke out the back like my pd150 leon used to

Edited by Jimbling

my car passed it mot after the new law came in and it has a turbo back miltek system on it and the cat on these cars was technically a filter as it only reduce smoke