Modified Superb................

The Zee

..............well it is now after hitting a deer that charged out of a hedge in front of me. Didn't have a chance to miss it, although I did get my speed down to about 15mph before impact. Deer got up ran away and disappeared into the hedge on the opposite side of the road from whence it came. Thankfully I wasn't going any faster or I would probably have tested the air bags. Insurance company tells me that it has to go down as my fault as there wasn't a third party involved (there was but you can't sue a deer), so expect an increase in premium next year AND I don't even get the benefit of a venison steak to offset the cost.

Bummer.

Hope the renewal is not too deer! Sorry cheap shot! Genuinely feel for you.

It's one of the risks of living in the countryside.

I have lived in Crowborough for 25 years and have seen many deer on the Ashdown Forest so always keep a close eye out for them, but never seen one on the A26 near Tunbridge Wells.

As for cheap shot - have you got a 12 bore?

I'm  always wary of deer up on the forest and thereabouts.  My Brother managed a deer herd in Battle until he retired.  I think he's still called out when vets are going to take time to get to incidents.

Hope the damage wasn't too bad Zee.

CKI - dunno what you're laughing about, you've got the drunken muppets in Alexander Park and residents of St Leonards to deal with!  :think: 

Gaz

• 3 weeks later...

I had similar after hitting a fox (on the M6 toll of all places)  - It does go down as a fault claim, even worse it classes as a "single vehicle incident" which might as well say you were driving like a total tit and stacked it.

I always phone insurers to try to reiterate the circumstances, but in the modern days of computers it falls on deaf ears :(

In these circumstances you need to calculate the cost of the repair against your excess and up to 5 years of increased premiums and decide if it is worth the hassle and cost of going through your insurance or just paying for the repair yourself.