Just remapped my 110ASV to 137...

whitep

Well I can report he is a nice bloke and easy to deal with. It was a nervous two minutes when I clicked Download File... But I did it at lunchtime at work and cant test it properly till later.... its like xmas eve!

• Like 1

OK did a 150 mile trip today, definatley much more torque. Feels a lot livelier and just as good on fuel. Its a nice upgrade for 60 quid.

Think I have a leaky boost pipe though! I can hear the hiss a bit not.

OK, another 200 miles done yesterday, unloaded one way loaded the return. It was excellent, mpg up and power when i wanted it. I must admit I drove it normally, wife and baby in the car, but a couple of times when I got peed off and overtook it was great.

You can hear the turbo spool up sooner and harder, but thats the whole idea of remapping. Normal driving it is exactly the same.

So after 500 miles I would recommend it. Its easy.

compared to the wifes A3 130 ASZ its not so pokey but it is a bigger car, and I am not 100% that that hasnt been tweaked in its former life.

The method is easy. Cable off ebay, I have a galleto 1260 but the MPPS one is recommended. (£10-20) some fiddling to get it installed and working, get your ecu number and old map from your current ecu. Save your map multiple times!!!! Then speak to Blacksmoke, or just order the map online, then 'download' the map to your ECU following the instructions. Maybe 3 minutes. Bingo.

Before people jump in...

This method uses a general map, not designed to ring every ounce out of your car, its a 'safe' map IMHO. So if you want more go from a map specifically designed for your indevidual car, go to somewhere with a rolling road. Also, the proper people with proper cables are less likley to make a mistake, so if you cant live without your car for a few days dont DIY incase something goes wrong. And if you remap and drive with a heavy foot your clutch and turbo will have a reduced lifespan, but thats because you are driving it harder. Not because the map is doing it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Fuel economy  is the same, slightly better maybe. its all good. I had tweaked fuelling pre remap, after checking vag com my reported fuelling was waay low... might explain  some of the smoke. Its back to nearly 3 now.

standard exhaust

Had mine done last week - seemed more powerful at first but now seems not much better than standard.  Can't really tell much difference until after 3000rpm - you have to really give it some to feel any benefit/improvement. Done approx 550 miles since being done; fuel economy about the same.

I will have mine checked out with VAG com next week just to see if there is any issues elsewhere, however I do think that there is some poor quality diesel about at the moment.  Mine seems to like ASDA diesel best, last lot of BP performance seems to have dropped off a bit.  I've put a bottle of injector cleaner in it (Carlube) as I have not done so for a while as injectors might be a bit gummed up.

I always think that it can take approx 1000 miles when things have been changed before the engine finally 'settles' into it's new running order, so maybe early days.  Probably could do with a good motorway run to settle things down too.

Will keep you posted!

Dan

• 3 months later...

Didn't whitep lose his engine soon after this? Not saying it was due to the remap but it happened pretty close to his posting . Might be worth getting in touch to get an update.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Didn't whitep lose his engine soon after this? Not saying it was due to the remap but it happened pretty close to his posting . Might be worth getting in touch to get an update.

Id like to share my View aswell.I too had the asz but in the bora.I soon got fed up with the 160 map & just went for the 180? Wow what a car but it is a rad risky with the galleto cable,so much so i bricked ny ecu somehow.Anyway he sent me another ecu on loan while i sent the other to be repaired,within a few days it returned & i sent the other back.Great service really carnt fault it

No the remap was months before. However, the bigger injectors helped the turbo blow, 2 days later, but hey it was a lorra lorra fun. New turbo and its fine. 150k on the original turbo should have known what was going to happen!

So alh with 110 injectors and a remap should be fine then.

Yes, but be aware, if its a high miler it wont help your turbo last.... if/when it goes put a xman hybrid on. Im sooo tempted to do all that again now. I miss my ASV.

• 3 weeks later...

I've just booked a session with R-Tech Power in Hinckley to do my ASV 110. The guy said BHP should increase somewhere between 30-40BHP.

I am a bit sceptical about whole thing though. I always wanted to remap my car, but I am a bit worried when it is getting closer to D-day. My Octy has over 110k on the clock, so I am kinda expecting clutch to go at some point anyway. But keep hearing stories about ASV engines blowing their turbos after few weeks with new map etc. 

Also it isn't cheap to do it - £250 was the quote I've received. I know the guys will be putting it on rolling wheels before and after. But I am still tempted to try that Blacksmoke map before this. Well can't really decide.

Anyone is more than welcome to add their opinion into this.