MDI cable

Just sorting out which MDI cable to ask for with the new car.

I understand the options are....

AZO 800 001 - iPod (male) to MDI
AZO 800 002 - USB (female) to MDI
AZO 800 003 - mini USB (male) to MDI
AZO 800 004 - 3.5 stereo jack (male) to MDI

We don't have iPhones/iPods, so the first ones out, as is the 3.5mm jack option.

My question is, if we choose the USB option, which we will use most often, will we be ok to add a USB to mini USB convertor on the end when we want to plug our phones in? And, likewise, if we go for the mini USB MDI cable, can we use a convertor from mini USB to standard USB? Will it retain all the functionality with a convertor in place?

Cheers

It will only charge your phone!, there will be no access to the music on them!!

You'll need:

AZO 800 002 - USB (female) to MDI - For USB drives (such as Flash Drives or External HDD's)

AZO 800 003 - mini USB (male) to MDI  - For Mobile Phones (Android, Windows Phone or Blackberry)

It will only charge your phone!, there will be no access to the music on them!!

You'll need:

AZO 800 002 - USB (female) to MDI - For USB drives (such as Flash Drives or External HDD's)

AZO 800 003 - mini USB (male) to MDI  - For Mobile Phones (Android, Windows Phone or Blackberry)

OK, so if I get AZO 800 002 and then out a USB to mini USB convertor on the end, it will only charge the phone. There will be no access to the device? Is that correct?

I would go ahead and say yes many people complain about not getting music playing from there phone when using cable. Even some people using usb drives have problems it all to do with how you have the file structure laid out. There a few posts about this now.

Use search have a quick look at what people are currently listening to there music from and should give you a good idea on what you could be using.

Me I have an ipod 160gb so no worries for now and its connected all the time