Petrol into Diesel Fabia - All help appreciated

Lonkmu

Hi - my wife accidentally put petrol in our 2007 Diesel Skoda Fabia VRS SE. Well long story short I drained all the petrol out and filled it with diesel and replaced the fuel filter. Its was only driven a few miles with the mixed fuel.

After taking it out for a run it has started cutting out at 3000 revs or so - Runs perfectly well up to that level.

I have taken it to a mechanic and he reckons its the Crank Sensor that needs replacing. He has quoted 3 hours labour to fit it and part costs £40. So that a total of £240

Do any of you experts out there have a view of whether this is a fair cost and also whether the mixed fuel could result in this issue with the crank? He says he thinks the high pressure fuel filter and injectors are fine

Many thanks for your help

If you are in north London, try Colin Gunning's garage in Hertford - he's really competant and charges fair prices.

The advice to everyone is NOT to run the engine after mis-fuelling.

Agree that posting on Fabia 1 section would be best.....

I say just keep running it on diesel, perhaps with some injector cleaning / additive like Millers - and just keep an eye on it.  I don't think the refill will have affected any sensors, so I would take the crank sensor thing with a pinch of salt.  Any crank sensor faults coming up on VCDS probably relate to a misfire or something when the petrol started to be compressed, not burned.....  It doesn't like it.