She is finally home!

OldBoy

My brand new princess is finally home after a 6 months total waiting period! Actually it should be 3 months but I changed order midway so it came to be 6 months. Needless to say being a member of this very forum helped me in so many ways beyond I could ever imagine when I signed in, short of reluctantly at first as this is a foreign forum for me but thank God full of good people who share the same passion for the Yeti as I do and never show any reluctance into sharing their valuable knowledge.

During the past 6 months while waiting and reading through various threads and posts, I came to the conclusion that  the decision to be a member of this forum was the second best thing I did besides buying the Skoda Yeti! For this I want to thank you all for being who you all are. I'm grateful. If only comes the time I will be able to pass the knowledge to other new members of this forum and help them deal with their everyday life with the Yeti, the way you do. Hats off to you all and Salute.

Having said that lets get to the "how it feels like" part for the mere 250 Kms I already drove her with mixed loading weight. That is with me as the only passenger, then with my wife and finally both me, my wife and another dear couple along.

The shortest version of it is my ... SMILE ALL OVER MY FACE from ear to ear and back again :-)

The short version would be ... Brilliant! 

The longest version would be UNBELIEVEABLE!!!!!

Although I don't push much yet (no more than 3000 rpm and just once up to 3500 rpm instantly but most of the time 1500-2500 rpm is good enough) the car feels planted on the road and performs outrageously well for my driving style in tight turns. The steering feels very comfy and reassuring at the same time. Road noise is quiet more than just acceptable to the point I question my self is this really the Yeti or something else. Diesel engine is a first for me too (here in Greece where I live Diesel was allowed only the past 1-2 years) and I have to say that while I thought it would be kinda noisy it just isn't! The engine noise seems to be well insulated and kept out of the passengers cabin at all times. Certainly a petrol version will be even quieter but I have no problem whatsoever with the diesel one as it is. It's much quieter than I expected to be. Tires fitted from factory are the P Zero Rosso and seem to handle well over dry bumpy tarmac roads (quiet many if not all here in Greece). Will see how they perform in the wet though and will come back to that in the future after I have driven the car a bit more ;-) 

Off to the cabin everything looks and feels classy and well thought of. Visibility is outstanding and double sun visors help lots with facing sun driving. Front seats (no electric seat here) feel good and comfy and despite being short of tall (6,10) I feel very comfortable in the driver's seat and so do all the rest passengers as well. Clima is also a winning point and so is the sound system as well. Mind you I haven't ordered the 12 speaker system.Amazing is the higher back seats position too. There is not much to say about the Xenons for which I dueled my self when ordered. They are just amazing and to my eyes they just turn night into day. Their cornering function is also unbelieavebly helpful. Never had anything like that in my previous car which explains both why I wasn't sure if I should order them and also why I'm so amazed by them. Arm rest is a sooooo convinient thing as well. I catch myself wondering how on earth I managed without it in the past. 

Boot volume part. Not much to say here yet. I am one of those who believe it should be just a tiny little bit bigger especially for those who have ordered the spare wheel like myself. But still it seems it will be good enough for the things I need it for, including carrying our two midsized huskies in the back occasionally, which actually was my biggest concern. For the rest of our journeys I find the boot sufficiently adequate and adding to that the flexibility of varioflex system I believe we will be more than just OK with it. We added in the order the detachable net that comes from the roof down and separates Passengers space from boot too so I believe this will help too (if the dogs don't chew it that is!). Nice detail here is the factory fitted mounts for that net above and behind both rear passengers and front passengers seats in case one wants to have the rear seats removed aka van mode. 

That's all I can think of right now and pardon me if I forgot any details you'd like to hear about but I'm so excited at the moment that I feel the need to just go out and be with our new "family member" having some quality time with her as every good parent should ;-)

Meanwhile here are some pics just before the delivery.

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/144075-yeti-forum-members-picture-thread/?p=3500180

Cheers

Edited by OldBoy
  • Like 4

Another happy customer, then - nice post!  I look forward to sharing your joy some time next year, and, like you, I've found this forum absolutely critical in the decision first to buy, and then to choose, a new Yeti.  :happy:

Happy indeed! Wish you will have it rather sooner than later. The delay was due to my change of color choice so I can't complain. Once in the past I said in another thread that the wait makes it feel somewhat more real being our first new car as opposed to a second hand. Well that writing was taking account the 3 months period so after 6 months in the end this became a REAL real thing one could say!  :giggle:

PS. But is totally worth it ;-)

I'm glad you love the yeti after the long wait.

I've had mine since July and still smile when I look at it and when I drive it.

And I'll bet you will always smile looking at it and driving it. As I do too. After all why not when she (or he in your case) smiles every time you look at her/him face to face!  :giggle:

• Like 1

A few weeks ago, we were doing the '..three words to describe the Yeti...' thing.  After a quick look through the posts above, it's obvious that we only need one word  - - -

S M I L E  :happy:

Right on!

Will have some posted here in a few days. At the moment I'm looking for a proper bootliner. Most probably it will be from hatchbag.co.uk. Anyway I will post some when I "allow" them in the car. For now they just met her and the male one made the proper introduction for both right at the offside rear tyre, claiming ownership I guess! (as expected tbh)  :giggle:

OldBoy may I say "kalotaxido" to your new SM - it's nice to see the Greek contingent of Briskoda Yeti ownership grow! :happy:  I believe you will find the Yeti particularly well-suited to the farm tracks that pass for roads over here...

Despite years of driving hot-hatches and roadsters (I still own a 2nd-generation MX-5), I still find the Yeti incredibly satisfying and fun to drive, and much more practical than anything I have owned in the past.

I see you have opted for the 17" wheels and would be very interested to see how you get on with the 50-profile tyres with all the potholes and whatnot. I would have loved the better steering feel and sharper turn-in myself, but thought that the 16"s with their 60 profile would be more suited to the car's character and my daily driving needs. I am, however, having second thoughts and might be thinking of getting a set of 17s for "summer" driving and keeping the 16s with all-seasons for the winter.

Finally, well done for opting for the Xenons! I think you will find that they completely change the driving experience at night, especially if you travel outside of Athens regularly. They have completely changed my frequent trips to Karpenisi in the nighttime.

Once again, congrats on your new Yeti, hope you keep enjoying it as much as you are right now!

• Like 1

Hi OldBoy, it sounds as if you and Princess Yeti have hit it off right from the start. Do continue to enjoy your new ride each and every day.

Thank you, you're very welcome and I certainly plan to take your advice to heart and keep on driving like there is no tomorrow! Every day and every night as well  :giggle:

OldBoy may I say "kalotaxido" to your new SM - it's nice to see the Greek contingent of Briskoda Yeti ownership grow! :happy:  I believe you will find the Yeti particularly well-suited to the farm tracks that pass for roads over here...

Despite years of driving hot-hatches and roadsters (I still own a 2nd-generation MX-5), I still find the Yeti incredibly satisfying and fun to drive, and much more practical than anything I have owned in the past.

I see you have opted for the 17" wheels and would be very interested to see how you get on with the 50-profile tyres with all the potholes and whatnot. I would have loved the better steering feel and sharper turn-in myself, but thought that the 16"s with their 60 profile would be more suited to the car's character and my daily driving needs. I am, however, having second thoughts and might be thinking of getting a set of 17s for "summer" driving and keeping the 16s with all-seasons for the winter.

Finally, well done for opting for the Xenons! I think you will find that they completely change the driving experience at night, especially if you travel outside of Athens regularly. They have completely changed my frequent trips to Karpenisi in the nighttime.

Once again, congrats on your new Yeti, hope you keep enjoying it as much as you are right now!

Thank you for the wishes dear friend!!! And for the people here "kalotaxido" means "good/safe travel" in greek.

Living in the same country you certainly know best the driving conditions here. Indeed I couldn't have said it better for the pathetic excuse we use for roads!

Re the 17" wheels it was very late when I finally decided/discovered I'd be better off with 16" wheels and I wouldn't go for another change of order even if it meant the end of the world after what we been through to make the first change. Like you I owned a 2 seater (BMW Z3) previously where I could feel even a coin laying on the road so the change to the Yeti is like a revelation for me in terms of comfort even with the 17" wheels and a big big surprise regarding steering given the size, weight and height of the Yeti. Along the way I'm considering to do the same as you and get me a set of all seasons paired with 16" wheels for winter time though. (No way I would need proper winter tyres given the weather here).

As for Bi-Xenons what can I say... the difference is like night and day. Literally! :giggle:  I do drive outside Athens weekly and use to travel across Europe annually so I can't wait to be honest!

Again thank you for your wishes. Allow me to wish you back the same with yours! Kalotaxido and may you have happy times with it all the time!

• Like 1