Misting Inside Windscreen

As the weather gets colder in the Uk, and damper, I find I am often finding all my windows misted up on the Inside.

This has started in the last few weeks (car is 4 months old), the misting clears after with wiping and with warming.  Affects all windows not just windscreen.

First noticed it starting from  windscreen air vents, from bottom about 10cm up the window. Now it covers all windows as mentioned, though these could be unrelated issues.

I do carry damp gym kit some days, could this be a cause (I think unlikely) or does it point to another problem? Worried car may smell and start to get mouldy + could point to a fundamental problem.

I have aircon on and auto-climate selected.

We're getting our windscreen replaced under warranty for a persistent leak in the passenger foot well. New carpets and insulation too, it's been reported several times on here might be worth a good prod in the foot well and try and get a feel behind the carpet right up under the dash to see if it's damp

Sent from my XT890 using Tapatalk

I've had problems with a few cars due to leaves blocking the drain holes under the bonnet, below the screen. Cleared mine today, see if it makes a difference

Mine is real bad this year, I have moved to "out in the sticks", loads of tree's around etc, so I guess thats why?.  

This week its taking over 5 mins to clear the screen enough to drive, thats with the AC on obviously.

I'm going to try that Silica Gel though, seem like a good tip 

My rear windscreen has misted up once or twice, the Octy always had misty windows on a really cold morning, it depended on the humidity of the air.

It happens when I open the boot but it quickly cleared once I popped the AC and heated rear windscreen on. I think it's part of pressure too. For such a large cabin air can move around a lot more? 

Maybe thats not true at all but I'm sure there's some logic in the fact that temps are dropping a fair bit and having a large cabin doesn't help. 

My rear windscreen has misted up once or twice, the Octy always had misty windows on a really cold morning, it depended on the humidity of the air.

It happens when I open the boot but it quickly cleared once I popped the AC and heated rear windscreen on. I think it's part of pressure too. For such a large cabin air can move around a lot more? 

Maybe thats not true at all but I'm sure there's some logic in the fact that temps are dropping a fair bit and having a large cabin doesn't help. 

I have had this. I walked up to the car and it was clear all round. Popped the boot (like a sedan) put in work bag and then got in the car. Looked in the rear screen and it had misted up. 

I have noticed the car isn't as damp as my old Octavia and our Furby. 

I have had this. I walked up to the car and it was clear all round. Popped the boot (like a sedan) put in work bag and then got in the car. Looked in the rear screen and it had misted up. 

I have noticed the car isn't as damp as my old Octavia and our Furby. 

Yes, thats exactly the same as mine. I think it's just a science thing! 

Sometimes all the misting relates to is the warmer air in the car condensing on the freezing glass. Think about it – you've done a journey with the heater on all nice and toasty, then you stop and leave the car in the 0ºC temperature overnight. The warm air condenses in the cold and hey presto, misted windows.

A good tip I read on here, which does appear to work, is about 5-10 minutes before you end your journey, flip the heater to Low and direct the flow to your feet. You get cold tootsies but you're soon back in a nice warm house anyway, and it seems to prevent misting by allowing the glass and interior to cool down enough  :)