Boost cut/ loosing boost?!

Hey all, ive recently changed my fuel pump for a walbro as the oem pump died, before i changed the pump, higher up the rev range i would lose boost, it would just drop in chunks of 3/5 psi. After id changed it the boost holds better but still drops off higher up the rev range, ive ordered a sytec fuel pump and will see if that changes anything, but is there anything else i should look at? Ive checked all my boost hoses, and changed my n75 valve for a new unit, checked the 007p valve is ok aswell, any help/advice would be great!! Thanks, Dan

Car is running stage 2 fmic, air filter, tip etc

Did you changed your fuel filter?

Walbro is more than enough for your setup.

Log via vag com IDC, if it`s higher than 20ms your injectors are clogged or too small and can`t supply enough fuel. 

Edited by Gonzaga

• 2 weeks later...

I had this problem boost drop by 5psi I fitted a walbro no more probs the walbro pump is fine for the vrs and no point in swapping for anouther pump as there's no prob with the walbro

Ended up swapping the walbro for a sytec pump, walbro kept cutting out when i took a bend with a bit of speed, i still get the drop in boost though. Beggining to think turbo might be on its way out or actuator is too weak?!

Did u get this sorted? My brother has an 1.8t golf and just fitted a beachbuggy k260 turbo and a walbro pump and 4 bar fpr. Is waiting on a set of Saab injectors to come as well before he gets it mapped again. He's only took it a quick run and in 3rd gear wen on boost it's spluttering. I think it could be over fueling maby? I don't no.

Edited by Mattyd8551

Used to only be around 5000+rpm but now has started doing it a lot earlier when put foot down in 5th gear. Bit of a wierd way of describing it but the needle on my boost gauge moves in a waving motion, if that makes any sense haha! I really need to log it and see what comes up its just finding someone near me with the right readers!

• 2 months later...

Argylevrs hi just about to order a sytec pump for my octy,do you remember the part number and is it a straight swop for the standard one ??? Cheers

• 2 years later...

Used to only be around 5000+rpm but now has started doing it a lot earlier when put foot down in 5th gear. Bit of a wierd way of describing it but the needle on my boost gauge moves in a waving motion, if that makes any sense haha! I really need to log it and see what comes up its just finding someone near me with the right readers!

Hi, do you mean the problems got worse with changing the Walbro for the Sytec pump? Or do you mean something else with before? I have similar problems...

Hi, do you mean the problems got worse with changing the Walbro for the Sytec pump? Or do you mean something else with before? I have similar problems...

Threads a bit old mate...

Wouldn't mind redeeming though, My vrs has a weird issue where boost drops off by a few psi then rebuilds back up again, all without lifting the throttle. 

is the issue I'm having similar to what you have?

Yes, I guess so, it is exactly what argylevrs described. Fuel pump is on the suspicious list. There are lots of upgrades that work or don't, hence I want to choose the right one... Edited by dcstuurman