Hello from Dorset

TerryinDorset

Hello.  I bought my first Skoda (a 2012 Octavia Greenline 1.6 TDI with 10,500 miles on the clock) in August this year.  It had been valeted & looked immaculate. 

I asked about the 10.500 miles in 11 months, & the dealer said it had been a Skoda car. The V5C however, has the previous registered keeper as Europcar, which I have just discovered is a car hire company....so the man lied to me. This is a pity because I now don't trust the dealer at all.  

The car drives well & is the first diesel engined car I've owned, & appears to be doing 65 mpg or so.
It was supposed to have undergone a thorough check before I drove it away, but I soon found the air con., didn't work so it went back to be fixed.  I now find the automatic screenwash doesn't function as the handbook says it should, & I'm wiping a dry screen before any wash appears. I'll post a forum question about this.  I must say the cruise control is great for long journeys, & am surprised at how quiet is it on the move, & the ride is nice. I hope I'm still pleased with it this time next year! 

I'm looking forwards to surfing the forums here.

Thanks Harvey.....I'd have bought the car without the lie.  Oddly, I went to a dealer in Bournemouth but they treated me as though I'd crawled in from the gutter so I found myself in the New Forest & spotted this Octavia.  Thank goodness my local garage is A1 just in case I should need one when the 2 yr warranty runs out......   

Hello Terry  :hi:

My son was working just outside of Weymouth until recently, and we've relatives in Bridport.  My favourite area of the country and where I can see myself retiring to - in a decade or so.

Gaz