How's the stereo?

Prog

Usually, when getting a new car, the first thing I've done is fit a decent stereo. However, my cars have never been all that new.

The Citigo will be my first brand new car so don't want to fiddle with it too much, especially as it'll be on finance/lease. With that in mind, how is the stock stereo? I've opted for the entertainmnent pack so am hoping that the speakers are half decent.

Edited by Prog

The stereo is reasonable, when combined with the extra 4 speakers from the entertainment pack. I think it's a very worthwhile option as the standard 2 speaker set-up is rather disappointing in my opinion.

VW have recently added the Groove Up! to the line up which has a Fender sound system with a sub bass in the spare wheel well, it may be possible to retrofit parts of this system in to the Citigo when more details emerge. 

• Like 1

Yes, it does sound interesting this Fender system

Like I said elsewhere, I wish somebody would make an aftermarket system that integrates with the PID, like Kenwood did for the Octavia

That would be my ideal solution

Going for the entertainment pack is a wise decision, it really enhances the sound which would otherwise be just the two door speakers. Adjusting front to back speakers along with the additional front tweeters  gives an acceptable sound quality. I'm happy I got it as an extra.

Sounds good. Pun intended!

I'm not expecting audiophile quality but I'll be happy as long as there's a decent amount of clarity and low end punch.

I have the Entertainment pack too and, to be honest, the sound isn't that great.  It may be the speakers but there is a distinct lack of middle.  The stereo is loud enough but the adjustments for bass and treble really just give you an "all or nothing" setting for each.

I mostly listen to rock music so others may have a different opinion but I do find myself constantly fiddling with the settings between tracks trying to get a good sound which I have never found yet.  Music is from CD, MP3 and bluetooth and I find each source to have the same problem (which is why I think it's poor quality speakers rather than listening to compressed or streamed music sources).

• Like 1

I'm a bit disappointed with the wife's sport so suggested to her I fit new stereo and sub setup but she wasn't buying it lol.

Still might upgrade the front speakers using the conversion pods for when I'm borrowing the car! She'll never know lol

• Like 1