APR intercooler for 1,4tsi engine

nacora

I have been looking out for this after I contacted APR a while ago and was told this was coming, this originally started development on VRSy's car and they have clearly finished testing, hope they get prices outin time to take advantage of their winter sale.

Think this is bigger than the Forge, maybe deeper.

Although I'm staggered that they make bhp gains a claim, when I spoke on the phone Keith went to great lengths to tell me how ridiculous it was that Forge claim this as the purpose of the intercooler is to prevent bhp loss. Clear turn around there!

OEM-intercooler is really tiny, so in this case it might give some gains.
However, the Forge-version do look wider.
If you look at the end-tanks, they are ALOT bigger than on the Forge-version.
And they have the same with since it fastens in the same mounts :).

I think width (obviously) and height are pretty restricted by the available space.

The APR looks deeper and my understanding was that therir intent was to out do Forge by offering a greater surface area, so this also will incorporate trickery on the internal surfaces.

Nice, exciting stuff! The forge one is £478, so I'd imagine the APR one is more..

Anyone ever heard of/or used one by a company called Wagner? A lot more money though, and not sure how it compares to either the forge or APR for size.

http://www.wagner-tuning.co.uk/vag-14tsi-a1polofabiaibiza-intercooler-kit-180-p.asp

Nice, exciting stuff! The forge one is £478, so I'd imagine the APR one is more..

Anyone ever heard of/or used one by a company called Wagner? A lot more money though, and not sure how it compares to either the forge or APR for size.

http://www.wagner-tuning.co.uk/vag-14tsi-a1polofabiaibiza-intercooler-kit-180-p.asp

Very good apparently. Shark are a reseller and I know they've seen some very good results. Iirc theyve also been used on some decent project cars ie Milltek's. :)

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...